Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone needed to do Product Demo Videoes

Options
  • 09-11-2011 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

We are looking for someone to put some product demo videos together for us.
    We are just a small startup company, so we can't go to overpriced commercial video production companies. What we need is not too difficult, so we thought that it might be a nice project for a student or someone who is trying to build their portfolio.
    Let me know if you're interested!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

Can you give more detail about the products and the videos that you envision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cleangrow

Product Demo Video Project

Our company (CleanGrow Ltd) would like a small demo video of our main product.
    The product is a device for measuring nutrients in water, and we would like a video which explains each of the steps required to use the device correctly.
    The video will be viewed by potential customers are also by existing customers to guide them on how to use it correctly.
    The video should be no more than 3 minutes long and preferably shorter if possible.
    We will also require a voiceover to explain each of the steps involved.

You can see our current product video (which is out of date because of product amendments) on our website at http://www.cleangrow.com/support/videos/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimmyv

Hello,I have 3 hours approx of a car being wrapped with graphics....I need only 1 minute of footage merged to show the process in a high speed/timelapse fashion......Any takers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

jimmyv wrote: »
    Hello,I have 3 hours approx of a car being wrapped with graphics....I need only 1 minute of footage merged to show the process in a high speed/timelapse fashion......Any takers??

You want someone to speed up the footage from 3 hours to 1 minute? Easy enough with Adobe stuff but slightly off topic methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

cleangrow wrote: »

The product is a device for measuring nutrients in water, and we would like a video which explains each of the steps required to use the device correctly.
    The video will be viewed by potential customers are also by existing customers to guide them on how to use it correctly.
    The video should be no more than 3 minutes long and preferably shorter if possible.

You can see our current product video (which is out of date because of product amendments) on our website at http://www.cleangrow.com/support/videos/

Did you find someone to do it? If not give me a shout and I'll help you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

Bodhan wrote: »
    You want someone to speed up the footage from 3 hours to 1 minute? Easy enough with Adobe stuff but slightly off topic methinks

It is very easy to do. give me a shout if you still need this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

cleangrow wrote: »

wow that is painful. You still looking or did you get someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Think they must have someone already because they haven't come back to answer anybodies questions here.

Have to love though when a company in business look for this sort of video to be done as a project or for portfolio useage. They are a company, they are in business to make money. Wonder if they would supply me with one of their products as a project, sure I'd let them use me as a reference for other potential clients...

Anyone looking to build a portfolio can set up a a simple "studio" in their own home and demonstrate any household product and use that as showreel !!!!

Doing work for free rarely if ever leads to more work, except for free...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tactical wrote: »
    Think they must have someone already because they haven't come back to answer anybodies questions here.

Have to love though when a company in business look for this sort of video to be done as a project or for portfolio useage. They are a company, they are in business to make money. Wonder if they would supply me with one of their products as a project, sure I'd let them use me as a reference for other potential clients...

Anyone looking to build a portfolio can set up a a simple "studio" in their own home and demonstrate any household product and use that as showreel !!!!

Doing work for free rarely if ever leads to more work, except for free...:rolleyes:
    That's not necessarily true, what they where looking for is some free stuff, it's worth a shot for any business in this day and age.

There are people starting out that do just want the experience, having their work out in the public domain is worth more than just faking it at home. Having it out in the public domain means you at least have experience with at least one other business.

I was half tempted to have a go at it and would if I had the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's not necessarily true, what they where looking for is some free stuff, it's worth a shot for any business in this day and age.

There are people starting out that do just want the experience, having their work out in the public domain is worth more than just faking it at home. Having it out in the public domain means you at least have experience with at least one other business.

Can't argue with them for trying and its definitely worth a try by a company.

However, its not their first product and they have a client list with some well known multinational companies such as Royal Dutch Shell....

http://www.cleangrow.com/support/testimonials/

The company also have an advertising budget as demonstrated by their attendance at trade events and shows such as in Tokyo and Amsterdam.

http://www.cleangrow.com/another-successful-hortifair-show-cleangrow/
    http://www.cleangrow.com/cleangrows-recent-visit-to-tokyo/

In relation to building showreel, I take your point about having work in the public domain but I don't see doing your own showreel as faking it.

Considering that any potential client is going to want you for your skills, shooting and editing your own video be it a product demonstration, documentary, short film, event etc.. is no different than doing it for a client as you're still shooting video and editing. Easy to get your showreel in the public domain, YouTube !!

What matter if you've shot and edited a video of a potato peeler, a salad spinner, a cleaning product, gardening video, lawnmower maintenance etc... If you've approached and shot it in the same manner as you'd do for a company for free then you've not done anything different really to be honest. Especially if you've shot in a professional setting. Its not expensive to hire a studio with lighting, extras, props etc. Sure if you're working for free for a company you'll be doing this anyways.

Working to hire a studio, scouting and securing locations, arranging extras, obtaining props, developing storyboard, editing and publishing is all something you'd have to do if working for free for a business. If a person can demonstrate all these skills to any company, I'm sure that a person wouldn't have too much difficulty in dealing with a business.

Anyhow, I feel that shooting your own showreel and publishing either on YouTube or your own website isn't faking it as you're doing the work anyways.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tactical wrote: »
    Considering that any potential client is going to want you for your skills, shooting and editing your own video be it a product demonstration, documentary, short film, event etc.. is no different than doing it for a client as you're still shooting video and editing. Easy to get your showreel in the public domain, YouTube !!
    There is a difference between all those things and a promo video. The promo video isn't your creation as much as a documentary or film would be.

You could see a lovely promo video on youtube hire the guy and then find out he's a crackpot when he arrives on site, the video will be lovely but it'll take him three weeks to shot it, he's interfering with business and treats everyone like crap.

If it's someone with actual experience with real companies you can at least get reference of that other company. Your building your reputation mor than anything.

Advertisement