Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Exams

Options
  • 09-11-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know how long you have to do the QFA exams. I thought it was 4 years from the date I started? I emailed inst of bankers but this is the reply I got was

"Thank you for your email. This decision is up to your HR/Training department as this timeframe is based on your employment history" and

"The only guideline we can advise on is that if you were in your current role giving advice or selling from the 1st January 2007 you had 4 years to find yourself covered under MCR (Minimum Competency Requirements) The Financial Regulator at the time brought in this ruling, we don’t implement any timeframes.

If your role commenced after the date of 1st January 2007 you have 4 years from your start date to find yourself covered; your HR department at the time or currently should have this information."

NOt sure what she means!! ANyone got an insight!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

No idea what the answer is I'm afraid, but at a guess, beg and plea with your H.R. people, help out wherever ya can like there's no tomorrow lol, and put in lots of Over-time! :D

Advertisement