Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile 0% Satisfaction Guaranteed

Options
  • 09-11-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi All,

A warning to all looking at emobile bill pay

I decided to move over from O2 to emobile with a shiny new iPhone 4s.
    Since this I have had more dropped calls in the past week than I ever have in the past 12 years with o2.

I tried to ring emobile 4 times today –
    10:00 am on hold for 1 hour
    11:15 am on hold for 40 mins
    1:15pm on hold for 35 mins.
    I eventually got through at 2:30pm to tell emobile that I wanted to cancel due to the dropped calls the phone constantly looking for a network and therefore very poor battery life (I live and work in Dublin) and that I wish to cancel my contract (within the 14 days) and return the phone.

When I ordered the iPhone online with emobile I was sent a confirmation email with the following paragraph in it “

“ Satisfaction Guaranteed
    We want to make sure you're 100% happy with your order. To ensure you get the best from us we have a 14 day satisfaction guarantee, so if you change your mind, we will give you a full refund provided you return your order to us with the full original packaging and receipt, within 14 days. For full details on our returns policy visit http://www.emobile.ie/returnspolicy”

The lady on the phone said that within emobiles terms and conditions (8.6 to be exact) you can only return the phone if it is unopened and unused. So the emobile’s 100% satisfaction guarantee is not that or anywhere near it - how can i use the network without using the phone.

I then quoted the EU distance selling act (DSR 2001) and was told that Apple devices are not part of that rule as apple have different terms and conditions. (what rubbish !)

Emobile I wish to cancel my contract return my phone and leave your network.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Send a FORMAL COMPLAINT through the means described here

https://secure.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/emobile_code_of_conduct.pdf

Tell them that you are invoking your rights to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations and for non performance.

Boards is not part of the Formal Complaint mechanism. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 waken

eMobile Warning:
    To anyone thinking of changing to eMobile be warned: Like others I changed over to them two weeks ago and it was a big mistake:
    Coverage is absolutely terrible.
    Customer service is non existant, they simply do not answer their phones.
    My old number is still not ported over and I cant get in contact with them.
    So if you are thinking of changing to them you have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I was on hold for over an hour this morning and gave up.

There is basically almost zero telephone customer support.

I took a photo of my phone with the screen showing that I was on hold for over an hour to eMobile customer support.

Advertisement