Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism Position Available in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Why don't you advertise how much you are going to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hoarder

Because there are journalistic rates in place in Ireland, which professional journalists will be aware of

hoarder wrote: »
    Because there are journalistic rates in place in Ireland, which professional journalists will be aware of

Nice and evasive. Unfortunately certain institutions can take advantage of so called 'rates' and jack down the price, depending on the candidate. It is fundamentally dishonest to not in some way indicate what you are going to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hoarder

Fundamentally factually incorrect Denerick. For your information our company pays market rates. I indicated this in my second post.

Furthermore, I refer you to the approx 400 jobs being advertised by Google on jobs.ie, and in the salary field the words "not specified" is written in all of the first 30, which I have individually clicked into now. I assume the rest to be the same. Are they "dishonest"? They are one of the best employers in the country! Companies do not have to furnish any such information and anyone looking for further information will typically be given such information when they enquire or apply for a position. Typically you will find that a plain old conversation between two parties that do not approach eachother in a confrontational manner forms the basis for establishing common ground in terms of appointing somebody to a position of employement.

Finally, if you are in the journalism business, or any other business for that matter you should be aware of the implications of using the word "dishonest" when referring to an individual or organisation. I suggest you consider this when communicating with people in the future

Whatever. I suspect you're going to paying pennies and think this is a good way of luring people in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement