Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handing in notice

Options
  • 09-11-2011 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, what's the best way to hand in your notice, verbal or written? I have worked weekends at a hotel for the last few months and want to know how much notice I should give too!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

it depends on your contract....but generally if ur still on probation /not there more than 6 mths, then 1 week would cover it.

give them more if you want to or feel you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

hoodini89 wrote: »
    Hi, what's the best way to hand in your notice, verbal or written? I have worked weekends at a hotel for the last few months and want to know how much notice I should give too!

Thanks in advance :)

I would also give it in writing as more professional. I would thank them for giving you the opportunity to work there and praise your boss. You may need them again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Thanks for the replies! :)

Advertisement