Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MEDIA PLAYER!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try updating the firmware for it, look here :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Flash it, go to the manufacturers website and find any updates for it. If that's the one they sell in Maplins they're not great and don't work well out of box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dave180

i changed the video format to .mpg and it seems to work fine now with that . . . . if the video is .avi and i change it to .mpg , will that change the quality of the video? thanks

dave180 wrote: »
    i changed the video format to .mpg and it seems to work fine now with that . . . . if the video is .avi and i change it to .mpg , will that change the quality of the video? thanks

If you just renamed it no, if you re-encoded it probably, have you tried a firmware update? Avis which I assume use Divx/Xvid codec shouldn't be a problem

Nick

i just used a converter to convert the file format to mpg and when i put it back on hard drive as the mpg the media player plays it fine. but that wont make the quality of the video worse will it? changing it to an mpg from an avi . . . . .?

• Advertisement

i just used a converter to convert the file format to mpg and when i put it back on hard drive as the mpg the media player plays it fine. but that wont make the quality of the video worse will it? changing it to an mpg from an avi . . . . .?

Its time consuming and yes re-encoding will usually drop quality a bit, depends on the codec used how much this is done I would reccomend updating the firmware on the device, Avis should play fine

Nick

http://www.sumvision.com.cn/firmware.aspx#

which one do i download???? because i dont want to download the wrong one and damage it.

http://www.sumvision.com.cn/firmware.aspx#

which one do i download???? because i dont want to download the wrong one and damage it.

I think this is it. If you have the original model you need this firmware, if you have the revised model no firmware is required and I would think the device is faulty, try other Avis too, maybe its just some which are faulty!
    This is the comparison image from the firmware btw, I downloaded the pkg:
    YB7NV.jpg

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

yoyo wrote: »
    I think this is it. If you have the original model you need this firmware, if you have the revised model no firmware is required and I would think the device is faulty, try other Avis too, maybe its just some which are faulty!
    This is the comparison image from the firmware btw, I downloaded the pkg:
    YB7NV.jpg

Nick

I have the Cyclone 2 - on the left of the pic - and have never had a problem with it!!

Advertisement