Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outline Planning - Wasting my time??

Options
  • 09-11-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of seeking Outline Planning Permission on a site in the East Cork area. The site is in an Rural Housing Control Zone (A2, I think). The problem is that I'm not from the area - home place is 5 miles away - but I'm working in the area for the last 11 years and probably will be for a long time to come. My workplace is 2 miles from the site. I know its a long shot in getting planning and my hopes are pinned on the Supplementary Application Form – SF1 that is on the Cork Co.Council website.

Anybody have any experience or advice on what I'm looking to do? And if so could you recommend an architect/engineer (PM me) who wouldn't charge a whole lot for doing an OPP application. I want to keep the cost as low as possible as I realise this really could go nowhere but I want to try.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

evilmouse wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of seeking Outline Planning Permission on a site in the East Cork area. The site is in an Rural Housing Control Zone (A2, I think). The problem is that I'm not from the area - home place is 5 miles away - but I'm working in the area for the last 11 years and probably will be for a long time to come. My workplace is 2 miles from the site. I know its a long shot in getting planning and my hopes are pinned on the Supplementary Application Form – SF1 that is on the Cork Co.Council website.

Anybody have any experience or advice on what I'm looking to do? And if so could you recommend an architect/engineer (PM me) who wouldn't charge a whole lot for doing an OPP application. I want to keep the cost as low as possible as I realise this really could go nowhere but I want to try.

Thanks in advance.
    imo send in a site map and your circumstances to the planners. PM sent re OPP

• Registered Users Posts: 4 elic

can I ask how you got on?

Advertisement