Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google

Options
  • 09-11-2011 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi
    Id love to apply to google for a job in admin or customer service
    Does anybody howd I apply or see vacancies or is there a recruitment company involved
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Keary1979 wrote: »
    Hi
    Id love to apply to google for a job in admin or customer service
    Does anybody howd I apply or see vacancies or is there a recruitment company involved
    Thanks for any advice

go to jobs.ie and search keyword google, place dublin.

though, and i dont want to sound mean, but if you cant do a simple serach like that are you sure google is the place for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

google for their Dublin office ;)

In fact you don't even have to do that, you can get it from their page
    http://www.google.ie/intl/en/jobs/

I don't know if they use agencies but sure you may as well apply direct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Keary1979

Thank most those jobs are for IT sometimes admin jobs are through an agency

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Woudl you not ring them or call into the reception and ask?

Google looks like a place for big kids to work in anytime Ive been passing by their offices. passed by before halloween and saw a load of smurfs crossing from one office to another across the street. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lukeage

They hire through CPL and Manpower

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

The jobs you are talking about would be through an agency. However the agencies never say who the company is when they advertise the job. Its normally CPL and Manpower who hire for these jobs.

They have a "work hard, play hard" ethic. Googlers work extremely hard, and the social aspect and benefits makes up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

coco_lola wrote: »

They have a "work hard, play hard" ethic. Googlers work extremely hard, and the social aspect and benefits makes up for that.

Thats a matter of opinion and circumstance. for a young free single twenty something go getter, yea working 12-14 hour days and getting lots of perks is great.

For someone with a young baby who wants to maximize the time they have with a child all the social benefits in the world wont make up for lost time with a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Have you a degree? Your CV won't get past the PFO stage if not, even for an admin job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Have you a degree? Your CV won't get past the PFO stage if not, even for an admin job.

It more than likely will. A friend of mine got a job in admin there with no qualifications other than a leaving cert. Don't ask how, didn't think it was possible either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

dorgasm wrote: »
    It more than likely will. A friend of mine got a job in admin there with no qualifications other than a leaving cert. Don't ask how, didn't think it was possible either.

It's downright unheard of! A friend of mine works there and mentioned to me last year that they had a PA/admin vacancy. I've eleven years' experience at executive-level PA & admin but when I told her that I don't have a degree, she was like "Don't even bother applying, then, your CV won't get past reception."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Usually agencies filter on stuff like this. Nonsense, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

It's downright unheard of! A friend of mine works there and mentioned to me last year that they had a PA/admin vacancy. I've eleven years' experience at executive-level PA & admin but when I told her that I don't have a degree, she was like "Don't even bother applying, then, your CV won't get past reception."

Yeah I thought so too. Now maybe he knows somebody in there or something, he didn't say but he is definitely not the type of person I thought Google would hire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I know a guy with loads of qualifications, mainly network/cisco certs and a masters etc. But hes got no aptitude for computers at all. He was working for Google for a while and I always wondered how he got in. So don't really understand their criteria at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lukeage

You don't need a degree & if you're going for one of the admin roles then you don't need IT experience either.

Advertisement