Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job in Germany

Options
  • 08-11-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,
    I am an 18 year old student. Next summer, from around May/June 2012 to August 2012, (I'll be 19 by then) I want to go to Germany and work for a few months.
    I speak conversational German, (I did German in school, and I am studying it in university at the moment).
    I want to greatly improve my German language skills, and I also want to make the most of my summer and do something which will be a life changing experience, and not just lounge around at home again next summer. So I have decided that I will go to Germany next summer (probably Munich) and work.
    I came to the conclusion that working in a hotel would be the most practical job for me to do, as a hotel would probably allow me to stay in their hotel, feed me etc., and I work for them in return.

Okay so that is what I want to do. The problem is:
    I have no idea where to start! How am I going to find a job, where do I look.

I have no idea what to do! I really need help!

Can someone please help me, and better still if someone has done something similar before, can you tell me how you did it and how you got the job, organised accomadation etc.

I am really keen to work abroad next summer, I just need guidance and lots of help!

Appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Why don't you use hotels.com, booking.com, etc. to look up hotels in Munich, and contact each one individually about a summer job?

That's what I would do!

Advertisement