Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoms Street Directories

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere on the Northside of Dublin that has a set covering 1932 onwards. I know they are in Pearse St and NLI but I was hoping to find somewhere outside town. Some of the Southside extracts are available online but I'm looking for Northside.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Have you tried the Local Studies Section of Fingal Library? At least some Thom's post 1932 are listed on their catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

CeannRua wrote: »
    Have you tried the Local Studies Section of Fingal Library? At least some Thom's post 1932 are listed on their catalogue.
    Thanks CeannRua, Just rang them and they have what I need, thanks a million. I'm doing a bit of research and it's costing me a fortune parking in town and don't get me started about the traffic....Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

If you post the details and dates you are looking for I can check a few Thom's for you, if you wish...

(1930, 1938, 1944, 1949 etc...)

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

shanew wrote: »
    If you post the details and dates you are looking for I can check a few Thom's for you, if you wish...

(1930, 1938, 1944, 1949 etc...)

Shane
    Thanks Shane but you would not thank me if I asked you to do what I need. There are 250 houses involved. I am doing a complete listing for an area in Killester for roughly 1919-1945 :eek: It's to do with a research project I am doing. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I'm more used to the family history type of research - so incorrectly assumed you were following a couple of addresses or a single family. I'll back out quietly and leave you to your own research.... good luck!

Shane

• Advertisement
Advertisement