Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get my hair stripped, not too pricey!!

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi :p
    I want to get my hair stripped ( im brunette and want to go back to blonde).
    My local hairdressers wont do it and i dont wanna go to peter marks, as they're way too expensive for me!
    Im living in Lucan, so any salon here or in Leixlip/Maynooth/Clondalkin/Palmerstown/Ballyfermot etc or somewhere in the city centre that doesnt charge through the roof!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Did your hairdressers say why they wouldn't do it? It's really harsh on your hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Evolution in Maynooth, the owner there has done a couple of my friends and she is brilliant hairdresser. Very highly skilled and really reasonable.
    I had my hair stripped before when it was pretty much black, as long as your hair is in good condition now and you use proper shampoo, conditioner and treatments after then your hair doesnt have to be wrecked. The problem is when peoples hair is in crappy condition and stripping will only make it so much worse.
    It is really important though as well to use recommended products afterwards, take advice from the hairdressers. This makes a massive difference when hair has been very processed and covered with harsh chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Occasions in Lucan is really good. I had my hair stripped there in September and no problems. They did a strand test first to see what effect it would have on my hair. Very professional. I'm not sure how much it was 'cause I also had a colour, balayage and a cut that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Use Colour B4 first (search the name on boards, there's loads of threads)

Even if it doens't lift all the colour out, it will mean they have to do a lot less to strip your hair and won't be as damaging.

It might lift your colour a good bit though and you could go straight to highlights. It only costs about 15 quid

Advertisement