Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking job for the sake of it!

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi I am in the process of accepting a position - been out of work for near on 2 months - not in desperate pressure to accept i.e. don't have mortgage or kids!

This position is not my ideal position but after 2 months I have to get back on wagon! I was wondering has anybody else accepted a position just to pay the bills and somehow used spare time to try do contract work to build up experience in another role i.e. just completed a masters but not much is coming up at the moment in that field!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I think you're doing the right thing FWIW.

It's better to be employed, even if it's a job you hate/not experienced in. At least it pays the bills and you've got money in your pocket! :D

Looks better on the CV (no gaps to explain away), and you can try to build up experience/portfolio in your chosen field in the meantime.

Hope this helps and congrats on the new role!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

franco25 wrote: »
    Hi I am in the process of accepting a position - been out of work for near on 2 months - not in desperate pressure to accept i.e. don't have mortgage or kids!

This position is not my ideal position but after 2 months I have to get back on wagon! I was wondering has anybody else accepted a position just to pay the bills and somehow used spare time to try do contract work to build up experience in another role i.e. just completed a masters but not much is coming up at the moment in that field!

doing the same myself kid, all my previous life has been in construction, now working in a "business" enviornment to build up a different skill set on my CV. its better to do that then sit at home. at least your getting paid, not like those poor souls on the jobsbridge

Advertisement