Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrapping a massive present

Options
  • 08-11-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I bought an art easel for my nephew, but in the box, it's about 4 foot tall and 3 foot wide. My wrapping paper doesn't go that wide, and anyway, it would be a massive waste of reams of paper, so I'm stuck on how to do it. I'd still like to see his face, let's say, light up, as he opens it. I was thinking of opening it up, it comes with chalk and stuff, and just wrapping that up, hiding the easel in my car boot as an 'extra'. But I think that'll just confuse him - he's only 3.

Any ideas?

Comments

Newspaper and a big massive ribbon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Disassemble the box and rebuild it inside out. Stick bits of tinsel/coloured paper/sweets etc on the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Necron

Use up multiple rolls overlapping each other so it ends up like a one person pass the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Newspaper and a big massive ribbon?

I was just looking at the other thread about using newspaper to wrap a present - they don't look half as bad as they should :)
    Disassemble the box and rebuild it inside out. Stick bits of tinsel/coloured paper/sweets etc on the outside.

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying to turn the box inside out, so it's not immediately obvious what it is, then decorate the outside, that way, when he opens the box, he's "unwrapping"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

corblimey wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying to turn the box inside out, so it's not immediately obvious what it is, then decorate the outside, that way, when he opens the box, he's "unwrapping"?

Exactly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Sounds like a lot of work, I don't like him that much :D

I'm going try the newspaper thing, see how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

super value has the big rolls of wrappin id say the roll is 4 foot tall in all different characters and best of all its bargain at a euro!!!!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I would say a couple of cheap rolls of wrapping paper and a big bow, he'll love it- the fun part for a three year old is unwrapping the gift! :)

Advertisement