Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coleman's Dry Mustard Powder

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

I need dry mustard Powder for a recipe. I am finding it difficult to find it in any Dublin city centre supermarkets. Does anybody know of shops in Dublin that might stock it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

33rdteam wrote: »
    Hi

I need dry mustard Powder for a recipe. I am finding it difficult to find it in any Dublin city centre supermarkets. Does anybody know of shops in Dublin that might stock it.

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago - couldn't find the dry mustard powder, tried about 4 shops. In the end, I just used a little bit of Colman's English mustard instead - it was for this recipe. Worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It will depend on the recipe, but as above ready made could probably be subbed, esp. if it is for a sauce. If it is a dry floured coating for chicken or something you might be able to dry the chicken off and wipe on mustard and then flour it.

It is not showing on tesco online.

Showing up in superquinn online
    http://www.superquinn.ie/shopping/shopping/shop.aspx?prodid=534207
    this is the lucan store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

I got some in Tesco Clearwater not so long ago so I'm guessing the other shops may stock it !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Alzy wrote: »
    I got some in Tesco Clearwater
    If you register with tesco it detects your local store from your clubcard address, so it only shows items in your local shop.

Some smaller tescos are in the city centre and may not have it.

Also stuff can be all over the place in tesco, I wouldn't be surprised if the dry mustard could be far away from the ready made!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tesco do their own brand of mustard powder, it's in a silver tin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 33rdteam

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I managed to get mustard powder in Magills on Clarendon St http://www.yelp.ie/biz/magills-dublin. They sell it loose so you can get as much or as little as you need which is handy. So rest assured that the chutney will be made. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

33rdteam wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I managed to get mustard powder in Magills on Clarendon St http://www.yelp.ie/biz/magills-dublin. They sell it loose so you can get as much or as little as you need which is handy. So rest assured that the chutney will be made. Thanks again.

good to know and glad you got it finally :)

Advertisement