Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Keg Needed Urgently

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can anyone tell me where I can get an empty 30lt and a 50lt stainless beer barrels/kegs I've been trying for months with no luck.:(

Tried all the breweries and distributors with no success.:confused:

Willing to pay but just can't find any. If you have one send me a PM and we'll hook up.:D

Thanks
    Allrounder
    Wexford/South East
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

i no my other half had one in his parents shed from years ago(its at least 10 years old) dont know if its empty or what was in it or how much it holds!!! would it still be any good???

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Allrounder

If its stainless steel it would probably be good. Can you find out and what size it is? I can collect almost anywhere.

AR:)

No problem :) itll be thursday before i find out!! but i think its kinda a standard size like the ones they have in the pubs!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

have a look in you nearest ditch or field.. you might get lucky

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1111/1224307372602.html

Trust the Gardai to get it completely wrong.:rolleyes: The real scrap vavue of SS Beer Keg is about €30-35 each. Now every scumbag in the country will think they can make a handy ton with every keg they can rob. A case of the [FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Garda[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]í assisting the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gada[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]í. :p LOL

[/FONT][/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yep, just like they bump up the street value of drugs to make it sound like a good haul. Also I think most scrap yards wouldn't take them as its so likely to be stolen property.

You're right there, every scrap yard I've been to have said "No, No, No! Don't have any, Never had any, Wouldn't have any....":p The wife says its because I look like trouble and they probably thought I was an investigator checking them out - as if - I always thought of myself as a bit of a pussycat really!!:DLOL

sorry all rounder i forgot to check for you!!! but dont worry the kegs we have are legit. they were gotten for my partners grandfathers funeral(he had something to do with the brewerys or something and they gave them to the family for the wake!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

On a side note, one of the major breweries had plans to introduce a deposit for kegs to discourage pubs from leaving them on footpaths etc, where they are easily stolen.

No probs Title Mouse, no major rush here. Let me know if its def stainless steel and what you want for it and I'll collect whenever suits you.

Thanks
    Allrounder:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bluenova

am i correct in saying it is ilegal to sell kegs and if it is who are the people paying 30 odd euros for one

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

partners grandfathers funeral(he had something to do with the brewerys or something and they gave them to the family for the wake!!!)
    They probably would have wanted the empty keg back, but might have either forgotten or thought it bad form to go asking for it back later due to the occasion being a funeral.
    pa990 wrote: »
    On a side note, one of the major breweries had plans to introduce a deposit for kegs to discourage pubs from leaving them on footpaths etc, where they are easily stolen.
    I thought they would have had deposits already, I know they have deposits on some bottles for pubs.

I am not sure of the legality of selling them, there are a few "keggles" on adverts right now. I would be pretty sure damaged ones could be sold.

Naturally if you own something you can sell it and if that thing has been in your possession for a number of years, and you came by it legitimately in the first place, you can reasonably lay claim to being the owner of same.:D

I've always found that a little common sense goes a long way.:)

Allrounder:cool:

C'mon Guys 'n Girls, someone must have a handle on where I can get a SS Beer Keg or other suitable SS vessel to use as a brew kettle and at a REASONABLE price - we're in a recession, after all!!:D

AR:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

no matter how long you have empty kegs they always remain the property of the breweries

Thanks for that, your opinion is noted, I'll keep that in mind, have a nice life.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Pubs pay a deposit on them, if you are willing to pay the deposit then they might give you one.

Building sites always seem to collect them as well so maybe check out your local ghost estate.

Good idea, the ghost estate one I mean, I'll keep the eyes peeled.

OK Panic over, got what I needed - two of them in fact. Well pleased!:D

My thanks to those who tried to be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

i'm after a couple if you come accross anymore.
    recycling them into something useful.

• Advertisement

Hey Alan_B
    Got mine absolutely legitimately from a major brewery after much grovelling and begging, got paperwork to prove it too. As part of the deal I was required to sign indemnity to protect the brewery and also give an undertaking that I would not disclose my source as they didn't want a rash of people looking for kegs. You know how it is - you feed a stray one day and the next thing you know you're running a kennel for lost, hungry mutts!

Interestingly the guy at the brewery told me that between all the breweries and importers here there are an estimated 100,000 kegs missing in Ireland alone.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

Not at ll, thats good to know. Interesting too.

I would have thought there where even more then that number. I was able to get alu ones but I need stainless for what I want.
    I might have got hold of a source for a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ianprendergast

I have two empty heineken kegs in my shed if anyone wants to make me an offer on them, just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I have 4 at home if anyone is interested.
    PM me..

Advertisement