Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medion Laptop/Notebook Troubles

Options
  • 08-11-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi to anyone reading this,
    I received a present of a Medion Akoya Notebook for my birthday 2 years ago and it it still well within its 3 year warranty. I had no problems with it until one day I turned it on and it was obvious that something was wrong. I immediately notified Medion and have sent it off to them as of Monday last week. Yesterday, I received a letter in the post from Medion stating that The damage caused to the laptop was caused by me dropping it or some misuse of some kind and they've let me know that it'll be £85/€100 to fix the unresponsive screen. But, I have never dropped or physically damaged my laptop at all and that is why I don't want to give them €100 of my own money.

If anybody had any dealings with Medion before or has some advice for me then please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What model is it? An MD96630? Which is also a WIM 2180.

That model suffers from the Nvidia Defect. I'm not sure how many models of Medion were effected by this, but they were one of the companies that distanted themselves from it, and denied vigorously that it was a known fault, or anything to do with them. It may be that they couldn't afford to pay out, but never heard of them repairing them either.

EDIT.
    If it was bought two years ago, it probably isn't that problem.

Saying that, i know that they have a good service when under warranty, but in Ireland, it involves sending it back, and can take a while. They used to outsource to a Company from The UK, who in turn outsourced to a company in Armagh, who used to come down to repair them, but that stopped a long time ago, and maybe their Customer care went with it.

What is the model?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Paulu

I had problems with charging my Medion Laptop, I send it back to Medion and what a disaster that was. 3 months later and I am still waiting for my Laptop, extremely difficult company to deal with. you get through to a help desk and when you complain, they will have a supervisor call you back within 48 hours. Medion are fine when working but if it needs repair that when your problems start.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Waiting 3 months for a laptop being repaired is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Make a complaint to

http://www.eccireland.ie/complaint.php

Advertisement