Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Weights in AutoCAD

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

I have a .ctb plot style table, where colours are set to lineweights. Eg red is 0.1mm.
    The problem is, that means that on a page layout of 1:100, the lineweights are twice as thick, relatively speaking, as when it's at 1:200.

I've tried selecting "Scale Lineweights", but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there any way of setting the lineweights, so that they always print the same thickness relative to the objects size, regardless of the scale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

try using stb files instead of ctb files, i don't use stb files on a regular basis but i have run a quick trial and it seem that the solution is to use stb files..

this is from the autocad help (F1) menu

Plot Styles
    A plot style controls how an object or layer is plotted by determining plotted properties such as lineweight, color, and fill style. Plot style tables collect groups of plot styles. The Plot Style Manager is a window that shows all the plot style tables available.
    There are two plot style types: color-dependent and named. A drawing can use only one type of plot style table. You can convert a plot style table from one type to the other. You can also change the type of plot style table a drawing uses once it has been set.
    For color-dependent plot style tables, an object's color determines how it is plotted. These plot style table files have .ctb extensions. You cannot assign color-dependent plot styles directly to objects. Instead, to control how an object is plotted, you change its color. For example, all objects assigned the color red in a drawing are plotted the same way.
    Named plot style tables use plot styles that are assigned directly to objects and layers. These plot style table files have .stb extensions. Using them enables each object in a drawing to be plotted differently, independent of its color.

Advertisement