Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M2R 90 PITBIKE THOUGHTS

Options
  • 08-11-2011 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Well folks,has anyone any thoughts/experience on the quality of these,,regard reliability,available parts and such,thinking of geting one for the young lad for xmas,,,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

They are not bad when compared with some of the Chinese manufacturers but not as good as the Japanese equivalent. If you are handy with a set of spanners and can do some maintenance on it then it'll be fine. I bought a Honda QR50, then a Yamaha PW80 and a Suzuki RM80 small wheel for my kids and never had any hassle - the only Chinese made bike I ever had spent most of its life on the bench.

For €750 quid you get a new bike - a decent secondhand Japanese 80cc will cost a lot more.

How old is your son?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

They are not bad when compared with some of the Chinese manufacturers but not as good as the Japanese equivalent. If you are handy with a set of spanners and can do some maintenance on it then it'll be fine. I bought a Honda QR50, then a Yamaha PW80 and a Suzuki RM80 small wheel for my kids and never had any hassle - the only Chinese made bike I ever had spent most of its life on the bench.

For €750 quid you get a new bike - a decent secondhand Japanese 80cc will cost a lot more.

How old is your son?

'cptr

Yea hes 10,,has had a quad since he was 7,(dangerous yokes)so now he wants a pitbike,,i know that maybe they arnt the best of the bunch but i think it would be a good feeler and then see whats what,,,I have no bother with the maintainence myself,,,ive heard that the spokes in the rear wheel give trouble,,you hear anything about this,,

Advertisement