Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you get your first Christmas Buzz this year?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I got my first buzz of IT'S CHRISTMAS! today :D
    Walking through Dunnes Stones Christmas shop. All the red and gold and cinnemon smell from the candles :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I got my first buzz of IT'S CHRISTMAS! today :D
    Walking through Dunnes Stones Christmas shop. All the red and gold and cinnemon smell from the candles :)

Yep, same here when I was in there yesterday, BUT the proper Christmas buzz starts as soon as the coca cola ad hits the TV, then it's ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

wont be long before the music channels are showing top twenty christmas songs :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love that - all the digital music channels play Christmas music videos non-stop from about the end of November:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Due to the business I work in I've been getting ready for Christmas since early October, it's great :) But myself and my boyfriend made poached pears in red wine two weeks ago, the smell in the kitchen was divine, that was my first Christmassy moment this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Absot 2 weeks ago when I decided I was going to make my Christmas cake. Just takes me back to my childhood when it was a family event making the cake and we all joined in "helping"

It was a long hard year for us and I think I got into Christmas mode really early as I am totaly focused on making this Christmas the best one ever (so Far!!)

In M&S the other day made me feel that Christmas was just right around the corner and with just over six and a half weeks... it is...

WOO HOO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I've been getting Christmas buzzes pretty much all year round!
    I've been posting in this forum since January whenever I see/hear/smell something Christmassy!! :D

I do have other things occupying my time so I'm not thinking of Christmas 24/7 but it is a big interest of mine!

I think when I put up the tree and properly listen to Christmas songs (and maybe when we get some snow!), that's when I'll be in the real Christmas zone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I've been getting Christmas buzzes pretty much all year round!
    I've been posting in this forum since January whenever I see/hear/smell something Christmassy!! :D

I do have other things occupying my time so I'm not thinking of Christmas 24/7 but it is a big interest of mine!

I think when I put up the tree and properly listen to Christmas songs (and maybe when we get some snow!), that's when I'll be in the real Christmas zone!!

Bought Buble's CD today so will have a listen to it in the car tomorrow, and might even start playing it at work. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Acoshla wrote: »
    Due to the business I work in I've been getting ready for Christmas since early October, it's great :) But myself and my boyfriend made poached pears in red wine two weeks ago, the smell in the kitchen was divine, that was my first Christmassy moment this year :)

Poached pears in red wine?! I've never heard of this, recipe please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

well i have made my first christmas cake ever and it looks fantastic so beginning to feel really christmassy:) ive started putting little decorations around the house hopefully ill have loads around before anyone notices:rolleyes:

Really in the christmas spirit now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

It happened to me a few weeks ago I was in woodies and they had all their Christmas stuff out and then I realized that for the first time in 10 years I will not have to deal with the mad stress of working 17 hour days over Christmas and this year I have two weeks off and can sit and watch Christmas movies with my kids (I nearly had a tear in my eye):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

My first real Christmas buzz was today when I saw that the Hollybough paper is on the shelves. Squeeeeeee:D I nearly bought but stopped myself. I bought it too early last year and ruined it for myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

When I went for a browse in the Brown Thomas Christmas shop. I was open well before Penneys or Dunnes etc and I got a big Christmas buzz, it's so pretty!

And hearing Christmas musak in Dunnes last week gave me a bit of a thrill too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My first real Christmas buzz was today when I saw that the Hollybough paper is on the shelves. Squeeeeeee:D I nearly bought but stopped myself. I bought it too early last year and ruined it for myself.

I LOOOVE the Hollybough! You're obviously from Cork are you?:D I must buy it nearer Christmas this year too - otherwise I'll ruin it for myself also:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

leahyl wrote: »
    I LOOOVE the Hollybough! You're obviously from Cork are you?:D I must buy it nearer Christmas this year too - otherwise I'll ruin it for myself also:pac:

No Im from Waterford. I lived in Cork for 11 yrs though, just moved back to Waterford 3 yrs ago but still love the Hollybough. Thank God its sold down here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Seeing the lights going up on grafton street :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm waiting for the rest of my 'Christmas buzzes' which are:

-Seeing the Christmas lights switched on in Dublin
    -Putting the decorations up in my house and the presents under the tree
    -First day of 'Christmas FM.'

Eeeeeeeeeeee!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Today. Got the first lot of mince pies!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

i am really in the christmas spirit now cuse the christmas movie channels are back on:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Today!! Christmas cake baking away in the oven & fruit for the pudding soaking in rum to be cooked tomorrow.

Advertisement