Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I am working on two websites at the moment. Traffic is very low on both of them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Ok here are some hints for you:
    - In a web design use 2 colors with different shades (max 4 colors) .For example in the second design, everything is green..thats not good.
    - Try to use gradients instead of solid colors.You don`t even have to know how to use Photoshop or any other program for this.You can simply use Css3 and HTML 5 .There are thousands of tutorials online.
    - Logos are not really good.
    -Avoid using very bright colors, especially on the background.

As for the traffic: I`m not sure what keyword you want to optimize the websites for, but title, description and keywords aren`t good.In a description try to use the targeted keyword about 2-3 times, same of keywords.
    The keywords should be formed of 2 words like : buy cars instead of buy, cars .
    Thats just a small part, the off page SEO is the most important.But before of that makes sure the website looks professional, so people can trust it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

I agree with pixeldesign.

You really need to make it better SEO-wise. You need to work back from what search words people will search to find your product, include it in your site and generate SEO keywords etc.

Also the design is a bit clucky - maybe tweek it to make it look more professional and one you'd be willing to give your credit card details to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Of course you are getting low traffic, your on page SEO is very poor. Learn how to use headings, alt tags, strong, title and description tags properly and apply them to your keywords and phrases.

You also need to up the design a good bit as both sites don't look professional enough so users will take a look at the site and leave as it isn't credible enough. Your site stats will likely bear this out ie. lots of single page visits.

You also need to explain the Octopad thing better.

Lastly, do not disable regular browser functions like right click:mad::mad:
    - In a web design use 2 colors with different shades (max 4 colors) .For example in the second design, everything is green..thats not good.

Swatches is what's wanted: http://kuler.adobe.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

tricky D wrote: »
    Swatches is what's wanted: http://kuler.adobe.com

Cool - I've never seen this before. I'll be bookmarking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lajonel

Hi,

Thanks for all your comments,

I changed a lot on ecocarclean, the design and on SEO page.
    I think it looks more professional now but the traffic still isn't good.
    I guess the reason is my poor off SEO page.

Any sugestions how to get good links to the website?

What is your opinion about that website now?

regards

• Advertisement
Advertisement