Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biased RTE commentry of Irish League match

Options
  • 07-11-2011 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Now,before I go on...I have no interest in soccer at all, but while flicking through the RADIO stations yesterday did anyone notice the crazy commentry during the match?? It was totally biased towards the Dublin team, in fact, I actually couldnt believe my ears. Sligo was rarely mentioned. Is RTE not supposed to be a NATIONAL broadcaster?? did anyone else notice this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Frankly I'm surprised they even had it on the TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

hiram wrote: »
    Now,before I go on...I have no interest in soccer at all, but while flicking through the stations yesterday did anyone notice the crazy commentry during the match?? It was totally biased towards the Dublin team, in fact, I actually couldnt believe my ears. Sligo was rarely mentioned. Is RTE not supposed to be a NATIONAL broadcaster?? did anyone else notice this??

Why were you watching it long enough to form an opinion on the commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Surprised to hear that, was at the game, haven't watched all the tape yet, however seen some of the prematch and though there was enough talk about Sligo there.

Cookie Monster why surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

orourkeda wrote: »
    Why were you watching it long enough to form an opinion on the commentary?

I meant to say it was the radio......I better edit the post.....long drive home yesterday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

hiram wrote: »
    I meant to say it was the radio......I better edit the post.....long drive home yesterday:D

I was working yesterday and had to listen to it (the first 70 minutes or so before I got home) on the radio and didnt find the commentary particularly biased at all. All the pundits went for Sligo to win for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

orourkeda wrote: »
    I was working yesterday and had to listen to it (the first 70 minutes or so before I got home) on the radio and didnt find the commentary particularly biased at all. All the pundits went for Sligo to win for a start.

may have been my imagination....

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Well in fairness the ref was biased towards Sligo so maybe that evens it up?

I’m a completely neutral football fan but the sending off was a joke and as for the keeper being allowed to cheat his way to being a hero in the pen shoot out well that was just shocking.

He was practically out at the pen spot by the time the pen was being taken.

He got away with it for each pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Why did you have to bring it up again? Have to go cry into my cereal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

CucaFace wrote: »
    Well in fairness the ref was biased towards Sligo so maybe that evens it up?

I’m a completely neutral football fan but the sending off was a joke and as for the keeper being allowed to cheat his way to being a hero in the pen shoot out well that was just shocking.

He was practically out at the pen spot by the time the pen was being taken.

He got away with it for each pen.

I don't know what match you were watching, but it certainly wasn't yesterday's FAI Cup Final. Sligo never really hit top gear during the game but deservedly won in the end. You don't reach three Cup Finals in a row for no reason you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Tbh i'd rather watch paint dry than watch an Irish league match. The standard is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soccer forum please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement