Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zurich Life-Life pension

Options
  • 06-11-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

Any one got avice on pensions and Zurich Life.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What type of information?

Do you have a pension with them already :confused:
    Are you thinking of taking one out with them :confused:

Please be more specific what info you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Im thinking of talking of taking one out with them or Irish Life.
    I dont have one with either.Which one has the greatest return in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Im thinking of talking of taking one out with them or Irish Life.
    I dont have one with either.Which one has the greatest return in the past.

I wouldn't make a decision based on who performed better in the past. What's far more important is (1) the management charges and (2) the type of fund you select for your pension fund.

The good investment managers (the individuals themselves) are constantly moving around so how Irish Life or Zurich performed over the past 20 years is no indicator of how they will do over the next 20 years.

What kind of fund does one reccomend to put your money in to or what sectors of business should one invest in.

If you plan on retiring in 10 years or more, I'd have all of my money in a managed fund, that means the investment managers have most of the money in equities.

• Advertisement

What kind of equities would be one be prudent to invest in.

What kind of equities would be one be prudent to invest in.

You leave decisions like that to the investment managers, that's why it's called a managed fund.

Seriously, you give them the money, they are paid to monitor the markets to see where is best to invest the money and when to move it from company A to company B based on growth potential and yield (dividend) potential. For a pension it would not be a sensible strategy to get involved yourself in day to day investment decisions.

Thanks very much for your replies.

Advertisement