Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Dabs nightmare

Options
  • 06-11-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

My hard drive stopped working. I logged into Dabs, set up a date, they sent a courier for it and—as it appears—they lost it.

It took them 11 weeks and me reminding them consumer law said they had to resolve the issue within reasonable period of time (and Dabs say it is 6 weeks tops themselves).

A rep answered in an email that replacement was on its way.
    A week later I log in to check the status… turns out the guy canceled the RMA, rather than resolve it and ship—he just lied to me and closed the case.
    When I emailed asking when shipping was scheduled, another rep said they were giving me full refund.

I paid around €70 for the drive. Due to the flooded factories in Thailand last month, this drive now costs €150. They just ripped me off with a smile.

Now, had I initially sent it back to Samsung, not Dabs, I'd have had a new one instantly.
    Had Dabs not stalled for a total of 3 months, I could have bought a new drive for a reasonable price.

What are my options, how to deal with <SNIP> that? Can I demand my original drive back (I think they lost it)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're entitled to a refund, which is what they're giving you. You're not entitled to anything more, regardless of current market conditions. Lesson learned; don't use Dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭selekta

jor el wrote: »
    You're entitled to a refund, which is what they're giving you. You're not entitled to anything more, regardless of current market conditions. Lesson learned; don't use Dabs.

They have however, offered me a replacement to which I agreed—and which did not happen. Only then issued a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would write them a nice letter and explain that you are a frequent customer, and how you have been disadvantaged by their poor service. I think they might do something for you in terms of credit or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭selekta

I owe Dabs apologies and need to make it clear:

I just checked my account and it turns out, Dabs refunded me the full amount as per their current price list. My assumption they were refunding the original amount was premature.

Thank you for all advice, glad this ended well and there's anything left for me to complain about is that the whole thing took three months to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I wonder if that was just a mistake

• Advertisement
Advertisement