Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US marines

Options
  • 06-11-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,
    I dont think I'd have the courage to
    Join them but is the deployment to afganistan as dangerous as it sounds? And is it hard to get into ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,273 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realistically, you are unlikely to be killed. However, there is a distinct risk of being injured (hostile fire, accident, other) or otherwise falling ill. You will also have to do thigs you might no like having to do. I'm not sure what deployment numbers have been like, but casualties in the Mariesn have increaed a lot over the last two years.

http://icasualties.org/OEF/USCasualtiesByState.aspx

If youa re Irish, your problem will be getting legal residence in the USA, you can't join the Marines until you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 alex18

Join them but is the deployment to afganistan as dangerous as it sounds?
    Yes. Some Yanks do 18 month tours! They have a huge problem with PTSD and sheer exhaustion in the US forces.

Advertisement