Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing my Bank Account

Options
  • 05-11-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me any advice how to close my account. Not sure on the process and can't find anything on the website.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Go into the bank and tell them you want to close your account. The bank will then transfer the remaining balance of the account send you out a cheque. Bring ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Cheers Jet Black.

Is there any way you can send in a letter with copy of your id. Because i work during the week and my bank is not close to me at all from where I work so its nearly impossible for me to get there as I am a regular 9-5 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah just ring and request an account closure form.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Night_Prowler

take all your money out and when the balance is nil, write them a letter requesting the account to be closed - worked for me

Advertisement