Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint FDL570 Dishwasher

Options
  • 05-11-2011 8:13pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have one of these diswashers & it just stopped washing.
    It starts OK and the water goes in but then it just stops. The wasking light stays on but nothing happens. If there is a fault a combination of lights should indicate what it is, but nothing shows.
    Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok, back to this problem.....
    Anyone have any recommendations for independent service engineer to take a look at this.
    I am not going to deal with Hotpoint & their high pressure sales tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have one of these diswashers & it just stopped washing.
    It starts OK and the water goes in but then it just stops. The wasking light stays on but nothing happens. If there is a fault a combination of lights should indicate what it is, but nothing shows.
    Anyone any ideas?

If it fills and does nothing but goes through the cycle i would guess its the circulating pump (motor), anything else should cause an error and the lights to flash.
    Anywhere near 5/6yrs i'd suggest you go shopping for a new one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its less than 2 years billy.
    So is there a different pump that fills and drains,yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its less than 2 years billy.
    So is there a different pump that fills and drains,yes?

Thats correct, the circulating pump does just that, re-circulates the wash water through the spray arms, they are capacitor start so your problem could be the capacitor but you would normally hear a hum from the motor if that was the case.

Thanks Billy.
    Any Recommendations on someone to look at this. A lot of lads say they won't go near hotpoint.

• Advertisement

Thats correct, the circulating pump does just that, re-circulates the wash water through the spray arms, they are capacitor start so your problem could be the capacitor but you would normally hear a hum from the motor if that was the case.
    It depends on the type of pump, I had to replace the pump in my Whirlpool dishwasher last year, the manufacturers had tried a simpler (cheaper) type of pump in them.

Apparently, many of them failed after a few years use, so need to be replaced by the previous style of pump.

Have a look at this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73311448

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

on the Fdl models the wash light on is signalling error code E1 which is overflow detected , water in base , usually a leak .

machine will sit and do nothing , it shuts off the water intake to prevent spillage

to reset the machine

Switch dishwasher off
    Rotate the selector switch to STOP/CHANGE and switch on
    After a few seconds the LED’S will go out enabling a new programme to be selected

select a new programme ,and if same thing happens remove base plate and look for signs of water

Thanks for the replies lads. I don't think its a leak. It does fill and empty OK.
    Ill try and check it later and get back .

No joy with this.
    On this model there is no Start/Change on the selector dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

ok if the wash light is still on , press the start/pause button then press the on/ switch to reset the machine .

start as normal and if it stops open the base and look in there for signs of water

• Advertisement

Thanks again.
    No sign of a leak.
    It appears that it thinks the cycle is running. It fills up & then when it thinks the programme is complete it emptys.

Its the circulation pump all right. I won't be getting a new one and I won't be buying a Hotpoint again. Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement