Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braquo

Options
  • 05-11-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Did anyone catch Braquo on FX last Sunday?

French with subs but a good gritty, real cop show with obvious gallic flair and lived in looking actors!

Suffice to say Braquo makes Gene Hunt look a bit pc!:D

Only 9 episodes and 1 season so far.

Edit - I think season two is coming out in France soon.

http://fxuk.com/shows/braquo/about

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Caught it, pretty good alright, looking forward to the rest of the series. The cast, bar the youngest cop, could do with a job lot of anti aging cream as you hinted at, no glamour here.

FX seems to have bought a job lot of French productions recently, there's something more realistic in seeing car chases etc involving european cars and cities as opposed to American ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Paris is a great place for those car chases and moody/arty shots.

The filming reminds me of Ronin - same kind of mood if you get me.

LOL at the face cream bit! Must be all the Galouise, plus they have a bar in the office!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Only the second episode in and what can you say - I'm loving it.

It looks like Braquo and the team are having a bad week!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

I was a bit unsure of this at first (story seems to start very quickly in episode one) but really liking this now. This week was possibly least violent yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Excellent show. Good job it's on FX because it is a nightmare to find a download for it anywhere on the web.

• Advertisement

Another great cliff hanger this week. I missed the very beginning I think, I turned on when
    they were wheeling Eddie into hospital after the grenade went off during the raid the night before

Did I miss anything ?

@Damien, tell me about it, hence me asking what I missed, couldn't find anything on line to check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Another great cliff hanger this week. I missed the very beginning I think, I turned on when
    they were wheeling Eddie into hospital after the grenade went off during the raid the night before

Did I miss anything ?

I think is how the episode started? Thats where my DVR started anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cryano

Does anyone know if theres a way to catch up with the 1st few episodes online?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

cryano wrote: »
    Does anyone know if theres a way to catch up with the 1st few episodes online?

I have all the episodes downloaded but the problem is subtitles. They are near impossible to find in English. Doubt there is anywhere you can stream the episodes to be honest.

• Advertisement

I had to laugh at the drug test in latest episode. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

this has been great, anyone seen the second series anywhere??

Bought the 2nd series for amazon.fr, but no English subtitles, so sent it back today.
    Series 2 to start on FX in 2012

Really enjoyed that, probably good to have short series. Some sizable holes in the plot just still fun to see how they dig themselves out of each situation. Ending was a little weak.

Hopefully FX are rewarded with ratings taking a punt on this.

I tell you one thing, I don't think there's a better program to end on cliff hangers, the finale was great. Didn't think the ending was weak at all, quite the opposite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mmmm, I don't think it would work in Mercan, you need that French je ne se qua. And they're thinking about having some of the elements in each episode all nicely tied up at the, dumbing it down I think.

Roll on season 2 next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is this available on DVD with English subtitles or do FX plan on repeating it?

I have answered the FX question. They look to be repeating it in February :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnbhoy67

Hi,

I'm 4 episodes into Braquo (with hard coded english subs).

I have 6 - 8 - I was under the impression there were 8 episodes.

Anybody got S01 - E05 they could share with me?

Hooked already?

Also have some great French films I am ready to share.

Thanking you in advance.
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Anyone know when Season 2 starts?

Can't wait! Eddy Caplan is a legend.

• Advertisement

Season 2 starts on FX April 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Season 2 starts on FX April 29th.

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

couldn't learn french!!!!

For anyone still looking to watch this, the first couple of seasons are on Sky On Demand with FX due to show season 3 in May or June I think.

Advertisement