Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Klear

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

This made me laugh but how does it happen, surely someone must notice the error before it gets painted? Surely someone must say "Err, like why have we got two K's ?

Workers outside a fire station in Sussex repainted the Keep Clear sign wrongly.
    The worrying thing is, they probably thought that was how its spelt. There have been a couple of things like this I've read and thought are these workmen real or are they on craic.
    How do they tie their bootlaces in the morning? Its a good job velcro was invented.
    Have any boardsies got any examples of incompetance?
    Here are three from the bbc that I found: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-15595548

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15371102

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8136532.stm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

racist^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

You're going to get crucified if there is a spelling mistake in your OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Kool

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jks411

mackg wrote: »
    You're going to get crucified if there is a spelling mistake in your OP ;)

I think you mean Krucified
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

there's a sign up the road from me that says 'slow children at play'. I'm not sure how slow these children are tho!

• Advertisement

Keep Klear Kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Keep Klear Kids.

"KKK That's not good"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

jks411 wrote: »

^^^^^^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There's a shop in Limerick that sells "Fishing & Shootinng" [sic] Supplies

Aside from that there are some chronic abuses of the apostrophe around the place.

There are signs on roads on Ireland that say "road liable to flooding" - it should be either "road liable to flood" or "road susceptible to flooding"

And then there's the stunningly ambiguous "Fine for Parking Here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

The worrying thing is, they probably thought that was how its spelt. There have been a couple of things like this I've read and thought are these workmen real or are they on craic.

Dancing at the crossroads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

It's hard to beat an unintentionally funny sign. Like this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keribeth/199792721/ :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    It's hard to beat an unintentionally funny sign. Like this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keribeth/199792721/ :D:D

I reckon that was intentionally funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

There have been a couple of things like this I've read and thought are these workmen real or are they on craic.
    It's spelt 'crack'
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Bad spelling and grammar innit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Pherekydes wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Normally sick of the spellcheck posters, but that is a good one. The perfect word to get wrong by the OP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

They must have been playing Mortal Kombat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

we were doing work on a dunnes carpark and the lads turned up to paint the lines-they were all eastern european(dead sound, lousy english) and when they left, the entrance bore the words "Cuation - SOLW" in beautiful white 5 foot high letters. They also painted the lines highlighting the delivery area " DUNNSE STOERS DELIFERY". Oh how we laughed. When their boss called around in the afternoon he didn't really see the funny side and had a loud rant, which we found even funnier. They also managed to mix up the numbering on the delivery bays, it went 1,2,3,5,4. Not too sure how that was related to bad english though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I was at the cliffs of Moher this week and there is a sign on the roof of that tower thing you can go up saying "keep of roof". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Anyone cnow if any Irish Khannels show Cojak these days?

lad down the road has a sign up on his gate-"Beware of Rothwhilers". I have no idea what a rothwhiler is, but if I ever meet one I will be sure to be wary of it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Don't let maxer68 see this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Workers outside a fire station in Sussex repainted the Keep Clear sign wrongly.

"INCORRECTLY", JESUS CHRIST MAN!! You notice a spelling mistake and then make the worst grammar error in the English language.

One of the funniest "dictionary translations" I ever saw was on a brass plate beside a washbasin in a Finnish hotel some years ago. What it said in Finnish was: "To prevent dripping, turn tap firmly clockwise." This had been translated underneath as: "To stop the drip twist cock to right.":eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jks411

Pherekydes wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Aaargh I spell checked it and all this incompetence is catching

"It's called crack"

I always wondered why I never got high.
    I've been smoking the wrong sh1t

"Spelt wrongly"

Sorry Smeg I'll try betterer next time
    (I can call you Smeg right?)

/Goes back to school

Isn't it spelled rather than spelt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

smegmar wrote: »
    "INCORRECTLY", JESUS CHRIST MAN!! You notice a spelling mistake and then make the worst grammar error in the English language.

Theres those that have a laugh about it, then there are the fanatical ones:pac:

smegmar wrote: »

Putting on my grammar nazi cap, I was going to point out that this should be grammatical error. However, I looked it up and discovered that grammar error is also correct, and thereby did not make an eejit of myself this time anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Isn't it spelled rather than spelt?

Unless you are baking bread ;)

or the one in Carragh- "Car Booth Sale" - gotta love it, wtf is a car booth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Debenhams on Henry Street in Dublin used to have an Irish sign over the door that translated as "Thank you for the shopping eat Debenhams" :D

Eat Debenhams? All of it?

Advertisement