Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buntús Cainte English/Irish mp3's

Options
  • 05-11-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi

I recently splashed out and bought the Buntús Cainte mp'3 from Talk Irish
    Which is great when in front of my computer as I can reference the Buntús Cainte pdf.
    The problem is there is no English translations in the mp3's.
    I was just wondering if anyone had Buntús Cainte mp'3 translated to English?
    This will make it easier for me to learn on the go.

Or do you have any other recommendations for learning while driving, I could bring the laptop I suppose??

Go raibh maith agat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cytex

you can get the 3 books and cds for 25 euro in easons i picked up a copy last week . The audio is completely as gaeilge but if you spend a hour going over the lessons then listen to the cd you should have no problems understanding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 phatrat1982

I thought about buying this is it any good? How does it compare to some of the free stuff that is out there?

I thought about buying this is it any good? How does it compare to some of the free stuff that is out there?
    It is conversation irish so doesnt go into the rules and grammar but teaches you just how to speak it . It is standard irish in a conemarra dialect (think that is the best way to explain it ) I am finding it good.

well right now all I have is the BBC Giota Beag and that seams to be pretty straightforward so if it's anything like that I might pick it up. But I wanna make sure I am not getting the same phrases as that one because the BBC one is free.

well right now all I have is the BBC Giota Beag and that seams to be pretty straightforward so if it's anything like that I might pick it up. But I wanna make sure I am not getting the same phrases as that one because the BBC one is free.

There is a lot more lessons there is 3 books and 6 cds that come with it so there is a lot more in it .

• Advertisement

Ok cool that is what I wanted to know. Last question, does it help teach grammar and writing also because I am only learning to speak I am not having much luck with finding material on how to write yet.

Ok cool that is what I wanted to know. Last question, does it help teach grammar and writing also because I am only learning to speak I am not having much luck with finding material on how to write yet.

Nope it doesn't go into the grammar rules or writing at all it just teaches speaking . It is done in standard Irish but the cd has native Connemara speakers on it. Buntús Cainte means basic speaking.

ok I see. Well I have a book on Grammar I just can't make much sense of it because it does not include pronunciations so My next step was to get an English-Irish dictionary so maybe I will just do that then.

Well thanks again you have been very helpful. I think I will check this one out then because it sounds like what I am looking for for my next step.

Advertisement