Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5/11; Never Forget...

Options
  • 05-11-2011 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭

...or 'Remember, remember, the fifth of November'

So tonight is Guy Falkes Night, where the lads across the water burn bonfires to celebrate the failure of the plot to blow up the Houses of Parliment over 400 years ago.
    What do you think the world will be like in 400 years time, will islam be the majority religion?
    will muslims be building tall square bonfires, two side by side, and setting them alight by flying burning model planes into them?
    Will we be here at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I for one welcome our Islamic overlords...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So tonight is Guy Falkes Night, where the lads across the water burn bonfires to celebrate the failure of the plot to blow up the Houses of Parliment over 400 years ago.
    What do you think the world will be like in 400 years time, will islam be the majority religion?
    will muslims be building tall square bonfires, two side by side, and setting them alight by flying burning model planes into them?
    Will we be here at all?

They're actully recreating the execution of guy falkes, not celebrating his failure.

Its the fireworks, that are a reference to the failed gunpowder plot. Or just an excuss for little scotes to push bangers through letter boxes for weeks before hand.

As for the Islams celebrating, I'm sure a very small fanatical element of them already do this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Tread closed.

Forgot my magic modwand, ah no that was a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Eleven Five. That was a terrible day.

What happened? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I just hope scumbags won't throw bangers at dogs and scare the hell out of them.:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Will we be here at all?

What an obscure way to have a dig at 'Islam'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Fawkes was the mans name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tonight is actually Breeders Cup night!

HTH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

How does one go from Guy Fawkes to Islam?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Just let them have a good night for Fawkes sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Maybe they'll celebrate the attempt by Pat McGee to blow up the hotel in Brighton where they had the Conservative Party Conference. Close enough to what Fawkes was trying to do, 'cept Pat McGee has a ruder (or sexier) name. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Maybe they'll celebrate the attempt by Pat McGee to blow up the hotel in Brighton where they had the Conservative Party Conference. Close enough to what Fawkes was trying to do, 'cept Pat McGee has a ruder (or sexier) name. :D

Sounds like a father ted character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

kfallon wrote: »
    Tonight is actually Breeders Cup night!

HTH :D

Go on the Euroears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

ha ha ha - 5th of November, 5th of shnovember.
    They got nothing on OUR Halloween.

And their 'boxing day' is lame too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The exact same as now, except the weapons
    names will be sillier, more lethal and look cooler.

Also flying cars *Fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Careful now!! I got a 3 day ban from a "moderator" recently for a similar type post, apparently it was bordering on racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Traditionally 5th November is celebrated with a bonfire and fireworks. You make a "guy" out of old clothes stuffed with newspaper or straw.

Been a long time since I was a kid but used to go out with the guy in the week coming up to Bonfire night saying "penny for the Guy" and people would give you money. Then, on Bonfire night the Guy would be thrown on the fire.

The fireworks were the celebration of killing Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Careful now!! I got a 3 day ban from a "moderator" recently for a similar type post, apparently it was bordering on racism.

It was a general opinion on the world as
    opposed to just one country or religion.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

Advertisement