Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MJs doctor...

Options
  • 05-11-2011 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

looks like a grade a 'wacko' doctor..

(pardon the pun..)

verdict boardsies?

I say guilty..!!

knowing the yanks he will become a celb and write some best selling books.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

looks like a grade a 'wacko' doctor..

(pardon the pun..)

verdict boardsies?

I say guilty..!!

knowing the yanks he will become a celb and write some best selling books.

its a thriller alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It took me way too long to work out who MJ was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Guess who was born yesterday..

MJ means Mick Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Mick Jagger?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Aoifey! wrote: »
    It took me way too long to work out who MJ was.

I also wondered what MJS was? I thought it might have been some sort of new shopping centre.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Not guilty... Jackson knew what he was doing. Agreed, Murray succumbed to the money, but I don't think he should be held responsible for Jackson wanting to be 'numb'... Drugs to get up, Drugs to function, Drugs to sleep, was bound to happen eventually...

Stop him being a doctor, no jail, timed served with revoking of licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I only just realised Michael Jackson. And I personally believe that he did it without thinking that this would happen, and he did it because MJ asked him to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It was his duty to refuse Michael extra medication, but meh, who knows what mitigating circumstances there were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Like everyone in Michael Jackson's life, he was probably just another 'yes' man who just agreed with whatever he was told to do because he was getting paid well for it. I don't think he did it deliberately, but he's definitely guilty of negligence. I reckon he'll go down for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

parrai wrote: »
    Not guilty... Jackson knew what he was doing. Agreed, Murray succumbed to the money, but I don't think he should be held responsible for Jackson wanting to be 'numb'... Drugs to get up, Drugs to function, Drugs to sleep, was bound to happen eventually...

Stop him being a doctor, no jail, timed served with revoking of licence.

He didn't want to be numb as you put it, he wanted to sleep.

What Murray did was totally wrong sure even the doctor for the defence had to admit he would never leave a patient alone that had been given Propofol, and it was unheard of to give it to someone in their bedroom.

No blood pressure machine or heart monitor, plus he gave CPR when there was nothing wrong with MJ's heart, he just couldn't breathe.

Definitely guilty of gross negligence for a start, the defence would not even go there.

Had he just said NO to the Propofol we wouldn't be discussing this now.

He's BAD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Used as a scapegoat so the family will feel better about themselves that they'll have someone to blame, when in reality they didn't give a **** about Jackson when he needed them most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Racist media obv - if it were a white doc versus a black singer, there wouldn't be half as much curfuffle.

Paully D wrote: »
    Used as a scapegoat so the family will feel better about themselves that they'll have someone to blame, when in reality they didn't give a **** about Jackson when he needed them most.
    I see what you mean and I hate the media/fans take on him as some sort of twisted angel of death, but at the same time, a doctor is bound by a professional and ethical code - why didn't he comply with it? Pressure from Jackson isn't a good enough excuse I'd assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dudess wrote: »
    I see what you mean and I hate the media/fans take on him as some sort of twisted angel of death, but at the same time, a doctor is bound by a professional and ethical code - why didn't he comply with it? Pressure from Jackson isn't a good enough excuse I'd assume.

Yep, all very true.

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Racist media obv - if it were a white doc versus a black singer, there wouldn't be half as much curfuffle.
    It's a black doc and black singer, and the cerfuffle is due to the huge fame of the deceased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Huh?

Surely anticipation of accusations of racism would shield the good Doctor so?

If I'm missing the sarcasm I have an excuse; after a few beers.

Hot Lips wrote: »

What Murray did was totally wrong sure even the doctor for the defence had to admit he would never leave a patient alone that had been given Propofol, and it was unheard of to give it to someone in their bedroom.

No blood pressure machine or heart monitor, plus he gave CPR when there was nothing wrong with MJ's heart, he just couldn't breathe.

Definitely guilty of gross negligence for a start, the defence would not even go there.

He's BAD!
    Celebrities, because they have the power, they always get what they want...
    Agreed Murray should have said no, but he didn't...
    What was Murray to do, stay with jackson 24/7, that is what propofol requires a doctor to do.... Sorry I don't agree, Jackson was a clever man, as seen in many interviews... He would have been aware of the consequences of using such a powerful sedative. He requested the use of this drug to go to sleep!!! How many issues does one have to have to want to be put under to sleep??? I stand by my opinion, drugs to sleep/wake/function/sleep/wake (repeat to fade) literally

I say strike him off, he is deserving of that, as I have said already...
    Jail, no, I don't think he deserves jail, taking his licence will stop him from doing something like this to someone else, but in all fairness, I think, Jacksons case was fairly unique... No likely he (Murray) would come up against this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I honestly couldn't give more of a shít about this long-winded crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

He's BAD!

i wouldnt trust him to bandage my thumb.

he never even called 911..

nice

The man is self righteous, arrogant beyond belief I could swear I heard him say "just call me 'rad". Only in california..

• Advertisement

He's BAD!

i wouldnt trust him to bandage my thumb.

he never even called 911..

nice
    I wonder why though - maybe it wasn't out of malice but panic.

It's a black doc and black singer, and the cerfuffle is due to the huge fame of the deceased.
    Huh?

*Humour transplant in aisle 4*

ironically, had he called the ambulance, he probably still, at least, have suffered brain damage, and eventually would have died, and Murray would still be in the same situation as now.

the cerfuffle is due to the huge fame of the deceased.

yeah. His fame was preposterously big in pop cultures peak it could only happen again if it were contrived. like for a world record attempt or something so put it to bed already kids... For no-one will bat an eyelid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Huh?

dont mind him he's only trying to troll, he always Wanna be startin' somethin'

I bet that gaudy bomber jacket with the orange lining like what you would get from Millets could fetch well into the $100,000,000,000's.

dont mind him he's only trying to troll, he always Wanna be startin' somethin'

What would you know - you can't even see The Man in the Mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

*Humour transplant in aisle 4*

Lol.

'Pwned' as they say. :)

Agreed Murray should have said no, but he didn't...

That's why MJ is dead, thats why we are discussing this court case.
    What was Murray to do, stay with jackson 24/7, that is what propofol requires a doctor to do.... Sorry I don't agree,[

Then you would be in the same boat as Murray, other doctors at the trial admitted he was wrong, the fact that you don't agree does not make you right.

I would go so far as to say they know what they are talking about,no?

Jackson was a clever man, as seen in many interviews... He would have been aware of the consequences of using such a powerful sedative. He requested the use of this drug to go to sleep!!!

He wasn't that clever though was he?
    He trusted Murray knew what he was doing, and he had been given Propofol by Murray for some time to get him to sleep.
    How many issues does one have to have to want to be put under to sleep???

AFAIK he had had a 16 hour rehearsal for the tour and still couldn't sleep, there could have been other issues for all I know but I'm not Murray, whatever he was told he should never have agreed to the Propofol.

I say strike him off, he is deserving of that, as I have said already...

That goes without saying, he is finished as a doctor no matter what the outcome of the trial.
    Jail, no, I don't think he deserves jail, taking his licence will stop him from doing something like this to someone else, but in all fairness, I think, Jacksons case was fairly unique... No likely he (Murray) would come up against this again.

Have you followed the trial at all?

• Advertisement

But you have to ask yourself why would he panic?

The hospital is minutes away from Jackson's house yet he started CPR when there was nothing wrong with Michael's heart, no heart monitor.....that says a lot tbh as it would have given a clear indication that the heart wasn't the problem.

He panicked imo because he knew he was fcuked, when the paramedics did get there and asked what meds Micheal was on Murray failed to mention the Propofol and again at the hospital when the doctors asked about his medication he again omitted to tell them he was treating him with the drug.

The defence said it was a detail overlooked on Murray's part.:rolleyes:

Advertisement