Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of a pint in Adare Manor

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Well I'm going to a wedding in Adare Manor in a few weeks and want to do my research! Anyone know the price of a pint there? I've heard its something fierce expense.. Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never had any reason to go there but given it's Ireland and it's a hotel geared towards tourists you can be guaranteed it will not be cheap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was at a Christening there before can't remember it being too ridiculous (and i still remeber that time 7 years ago i was charged 5.70 for a pint in Dublin;)) so i would expect it to be pretty standard hotel prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Large grounds. Arrive the day before with a plastic bag, rope and cans and take up smoking. Head down to the river by the bridge put cans in bag, tie rope to bridge and cans and lower into river. Next day go out for smokes when your drink is low and fill up your pint glass from cans.

SORTED! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

It is expensive there alright, but if you go down to the river, and ask the river troll nicely, often he will leave cans of beer for you tied up in a bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

think its about €5.50.... Don't think you'll be getting a Guinness glass either since its a 5 star....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Don't know about now but about 8 years ago took some visitors we had out there and 2 coffee & 2 tea was the bones of a tenner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Don't really know what the problem is with people saying something is too expensive. Just ignore the product, do not buy it. The establishment WILL get the message, they're hardly going to reduce the price if everyone pays it. You can give all the excuses you want for not doing this, but that's what they are, excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Car boot.....hotel room.....cans of cider...sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

hey again guys,

ment to put that post up a few weeks back as the wedding was actually on saturday and not in a few weeks!

Can't be 100% sure what the price of a pint actually was there as the wedding was much to good for me to be worrying about it when it came time to actually buy one! A champagne reception greeted us, and that lasted a good hour and half, and a good 5 refills at least in that time! We moved upstairs for dinner then and the wine was flowing, there was 10 of us at the table, we all drank a minimum 1 bottle of wine each and it was nice wine! I won the bet for the length of the speeches, which was quickly turned into a round of tequilas for the table!

I bought my first round at about half 10, a pint of Guinness and a bottle of corona, came to 9 something so I'm gonna guess the bottle was about €5 and then €4 something for the pint, or the other way around. Expensive but not the worst I've seen! And I got a Guinness glass to!

Have to say its an absolutely amazing place up there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

think its about €5.50.... Don't think you'll be getting a Guinness glass either since its a 5 star....

surrely the fact that its a 5 star means it WOULD be a guiness glass................................... more expensive means the product is served as close to perfection as possible not the other a around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mmm, newly registered member digs up 12 month old post to give glaring report on a particular establishment:

tumblr_m5e0z2o0mr1rn6s30.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

All 8 posts promoting various businesses around the country.

Someone needs to hire a more subtle online reputation manager.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For anyone who missed it, an Admin has deleted the post to which bazz26 and Itsdacraic are referring. ;)
    Good spot, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

For anyone who missed it, an Admin has deleted the post to which bazz26 and Itsdacraic are referring. ;)
    Good spot, folks.

Thanks, it's a great sense of fulfilment to know the internet is in some small way a safer place by my actions.

Advertisement