Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNN: Assad killing babies in incubators

Options
  • 04-11-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-07/world/syria.unrest_1_syrian-observatory-deir-ezzor-syrian-uprising?_s=PM:WORLD

A Syrian human rights group says eight premature infants dependent on incubators died after authorities cut power to a hospital in the embattled city of Hama as part of a renewed crackdown on anti-government demonstrators calling for an end to President Bashar al-Assad's reign.
    The babies died at Hurani Hospital in the northwest Syrian city on Wednesday, Rami Abdul-Rahman, president of the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said Sunday. Abdul-Rahman cited information provided by a hospital employee who fled the city on Saturday.
    CNN cannot independently verify the account. The Syrian government could not immediately be reached for comment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

tiger55 wrote: »

Wow, you'd think they'd at least take a different page out of the same old playbook.

Watch this if you not seen it before (they tried this lie before):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_%28testimony%29

Kuwaiti baby incubator lies Barry Zwicker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Shouldn't the hospital have a generator?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wow, you'd think they'd at least take a different page out of the same old playbook.

Watch this if you not seen it before (they tried this lie before):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_%28testimony%29

Kuwaiti baby incubator lies Barry Zwicker

Proving your own thread wrong in the first reply...a new one for AH.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Proving your own thread wrong in the first reply...a new one for AH.

Just proving media lies to start another war.

What next? Are they also playing football with them, and throwing them in the air and catching them on their bayonets? And raping nuns as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Just proving media lies to start another war.

What next? Are they also playing football with them, and throwing them in the air and catching them on their bayonets? And raping nuns as well?

That's scheduled for 12th December.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Shouldn't the hospital have a generator?

yep. Hospitals usually have backup generators.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I tell you...

If i was a baby, minding my own business, hanging out in my incubator, and a revolution or uprising started...

I'd be out of there like a shot because its the babies in the incubators who everyone has it in for...

:mad:

Maybe his son was involved?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

It was CNN. probably have to watch Fox news to get the real story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The Coalition will sort this ****. Once the Syrians discover oil that is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭passarellaie

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The Coalition will sort this ****. Once the Syrians discover oil that is...

What coalition is that? I see you are as usual supporting wonderfully democratic goverments.Isnt Kim il Sungs protege not out supporting Assad with you????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

I'm fairly pro-Western but Syria needs a good dictator. Or a bad one. But someone dictatorial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Yahew wrote: »
    Syria needs a good dictator..

History doesnt exactly provide a long list of examples of that particular species ?

Era, Tito wasn't the worst.

Yahew wrote: »
    I'm fairly pro-Western but Syria needs a good dictator. Or a bad one. But someone dictatorial.

Without a dictator you will end up with tribes fighting each other

Or sectarian groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm maybe someone should change the thread title to "The I love dictatorships, but as long as I get to live in a democracy Thread".

What coalition is that? I see you are as usual supporting wonderfully democratic goverments.Isnt Kim il Sungs protege not out supporting Assad with you????

What are you talking about? :D

Einhard wrote: »
    Hmmm maybe someone should change the thread title to "The I love dictatorships, but as long as I get to live in a democracy Thread".

Democracy is a utter fraud!:mad:

Just look at Bush and Blair...when they got voted out and Obama and Cameron got it, silly people thought this would be the end of the endless wars...but what happened? Even more wars.

Democracies are controlled by money men/media bosses behind the scenes, its bloody obvious.

Democracy is a utter fraud!:mad:

No it's not. To say so is an insult to the millions of people in the Middle East and North Africa risking their lives to achieve some say in how they're governed.
    Just look at Bush and Blair...when they got voted out and Obama and Cameron got it, silly people thought this would be the end of the endless wars...but what happened? Even more wars.

Those people were idiots then. Neither Obama nor Cameron stated that they would immediately end involvement in foreign conflicts. And neither stated that they would refrain from getting involved in further conflict if it were justified.

It's not democracy's fault that you deluded yourself into hearing what you wanted to hear, rather than what was actually said.
    Democracies are controlled by money men/media bosses behind the scenes, its bloody obvious.

Democracies are controlled by the voters. If you don't like a particular party or system, then it;s up to you to vote for change. That's an option you have, and one billions across the world yearn for.

• Advertisement

But what if I want to vote for change right now, tomorrow say? To get Enda and the lads out? I can't. That's why our particular brand of deomcracy is completely useless.

But what if I want to vote for change right now, tomorrow say? To get Enda and the lads out? I can't. That's why our particular brand of deomcracy is completely useless.

No system is perfect, and neither is democracy. But to state that our system is useless, in the year when we were given the mandate to elect a new government, and had genuine choice of ideologies and options is overblown.

The home of evil imperialistic running dogs of capitalism has ways to impeach all incumbents, from President to Governor, to congressman, to senator, to state congressman and senator, to district judge and police chief ( and more), as well as having direct democracy which over-rides their decisions ( i.e. initiatives in California).

In parliamentary democracy you elect someone to vote for you. They can overturn the government with a vote of no confidence. There is little need for a vote of no confidence in the present government, as they are doing most of what they agreed to.

The one thing left-wingers get right is that money corrupts. Unfortunately it is a free speech issue in the US. The rest of us can try and remove money from politics, as best possible.

People still won't vote for far-leftists, but they may vote for useful capitalists, rather than crony capitalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Einhard wrote: »
    No it's not. To say so is an insult to the millions of people in the Middle East and North Africa risking their lives to achieve some say in how they're governed.

True.

On the other hand passing the two party (tweedledum and tweedledee) system of the US or the two and a half party system of the UK as "democracy" is somewhat fraudalent

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    True.

On the other hand passing the two party (tweedledum and tweedledee) system of the US or the two and a half party system of the UK as "democracy" is somewhat fraudalent

No it's not. You may not like how the people vote, but that's their prerogative. Too many people seem to be of the opinion that democracy is broken when their party or candidate or system isn't validated by the electorate.

Advertisement