Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog losing hair from ears

Options
  • 04-11-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Well guys, I have a St Bernard and she has problems with her ears but in the past few days she got very itchy and is losing patches of hair all over her body, she lost all the hair from both ears first. I also have a golden retriever and today I noticed some hair loss from her ear aswell. I never seen anything like this before. Could this be mange? or is there anything I can buy to help control it????? Thanks guys:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

First port of call is a vet. It could be any number of things, mange included, so we cannot tell you what it is and give you a solution over the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Audreyly

Hi Guys

My female Shih Tzu is 2 and she is losing a lot of hair, although hair is quite thick it looks like she has a patch on her back now, I have looked under the remaining hair and there are no red marks or bumps. She is eating and drinking as normal and still playing when she is not too lazy. She is licking and scratching a lot especially at night time, when she did this before I was told she had hay fever and she was put on anti histamines but she didn't lose her hair then. Has anyone else had this problem before or do you have any suggestions.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Same as the advice given to the previous poster - contact your vet, unfortunately we cannot guess what your dog has. It could be a range of things.

Advertisement