Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire S update to 2.3.5 & Sense 3.0 problem (Solved)

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi, I update by O2 branded Desire S to 2.3.5 & Sense 3.0 last night. Since the update my phone has been rebooting itself every 5 mins. Has anybody else have had this same problem?

My phone is o2 branded as been unaltered in any way since I bought it from O2 4 months ago (ie S-on & not rooted).

Thanks in advance for all your help:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Was the update pushed out by O2 ?

I probably shouldn't even be commenting here as I am not that well up on these things but I thought that the carrier , in this case O2 , put out the upgrade . Also from what I have been reading the upgrade hasn't been put out in many , if any , places in Europe yet .

I couldn't possibly be more open to correction .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MJPE

jonski wrote: »
    Was the update pushed out by O2 ?

I probably shouldn't even be commenting here as I am not that well up on these things but I thought that the carrier , in this case O2 , put out the upgrade . Also from what I have been reading the upgrade hasn't been put out in many , if any , places in Europe yet .

I couldn't possibly be more open to correction .

I'am almost certain O2 pushes it. Manage to get it working properly. Had to do hard reset which sorted out the constant reboots.

Sense 3.0 is very cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

Just downloaded this, it actually restarted with no update but then success on the second go - downloaded update again and then all went smoothly.

No issues so far, really impressed with Sense 3.0!

I wonder when it will come through on Meteor ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Or Vodafone lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

bogman wrote: »
    Or Vodafone lol
    Or 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Was there a a previous update, or has 2.2 been the latest up to now?

Still no sign of this on Meteor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

bogman wrote: »
    Or Vodafone lol

My wife has a Desire S on Vodafone and she got this update about 3 weeks ago.

Meteor must have the worst customer service ever , I have been on to them and HTC and everyone will get me an update on it but no one seems to be able to actually sort it out . I must be very naive to think , that in these days of so many ways of instant contact , I should be able to get a definitive answer from someone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

In the same boat here too, desire s not updated by meteor or HTC. I see your post jonski on the meteor forum and eagerly await a reply too. What gives meteor?

surf board wrote: »
    In the same boat here too, desire s not updated by meteor or HTC. I see your post jonski on the meteor forum and eagerly await a reply too. What gives meteor?

If you re-read Stevens post he actually meant to say "if you CAN'T receive the update pm me your details " . I pm'ed him today to get him to correct it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

jonski wrote: »
    Meteor must have the worst customer service ever
    Ask some people and they will say 3 do, ask others and they will say o2 do and ask others and they will say Vodafone do.

Just because you don't get what you want does not mean the company you are dealing with has the worst customer service ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Got the update from 3 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

MJPE wrote: »
    I'am almost certain O2 pushes it. Manage to get it working properly. Had to do hard reset which sorted out the constant reboots.

Sense 3.0 is very cool:)

I've been having the same trouble with my Vodafone branded Desire S after the same update, how do I do a hard reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Any sign of this update for meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

Got the desire s update from meteor Fri night/ sat morn. Now on 2.3.5 with sense 3.0. Previous software version was 1.2 and now is 2.10.4.

Just checked there , mine is downloading now .

Mine seems to be doing it in two seperate updates , it has just gone to ver.1.47 and now it is downloading another sys update .

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Got 1st update saturday morning and second came sunday morning.
    Have to say it's all good so far. It's very smooth and lots of new additions.
    It will make me keep the phone for another while at least. The upgrade to the sensation can wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement