Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalid value for registry?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hello folk,

I have a dell vostro running windows 7 professional. The laptop was running fine last night but when i booted it this morning I got a popup telling me there was an invalid value for registry and the computer would have to restart, I let it do this, however the same thing happened a second and third time so I decided to boot the laptop in safe mode, the same thing happened again though. I tried to quickly access the control panel and my computer before it restarted but I was blocked.

Now I dont visit shady sites or install strange programs and I'm running an up-to-date mse.

The only program I installed recently was hippolite to control the laptop from the iphone.

Any help is appreciated I'm at a loss of what to do next :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Can you get to a command prompt?

System Restore should fix your PC if you can get a command prompt, or have a recovery CD (you can make one from another W7 pc if needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Can you get to a command prompt?

No, I started safe mode with command prompt. It took a good five minutes to get passed the welcome screen then straight away I was told the plug and play connection failed? and it would have to restart?

edit:
    I'll try system restore quickly with the command prompt before it restarts and report back, thanks.

You need a recovery disc. Find another W7 PC and make a disc

http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1114725.htm

System Restore should fix your PC if you can get a command prompt, or have a recovery CD (you can make one from another W7 pc if needed)

So I used system restore back as far as summer but im still getting the restarts, but I managed to jot down what error messages I was getting

One was; "windows must now restart because the power service terminated unexpectedly"

"microsoft visual c++, runtime error program/roxio... this program requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

:confused:

• Advertisement

Can you use a Windows disc to make a repair?

Can you use a Windows disc to make a repair?

I could track them down, I dont have them with me. Does that just involve putting the disc in the drive and booting with through that?

Sorry for some of the noob questions!

Advertisement