Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage repayments

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could offer me an approx repayment amount per month for a mortgage of 110,000 euro over 25 years in the current market? I don't need anything too accurate. A ball park figure would be grand.

Any opinions on the pros and cons of getting a fixed rate? I think it is more expensive but would remove the risk for a few years I suppose. I know little about these matters so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

At 3.5% - €549, 4% - €578, 4.5% - €609, 5.0% - €640

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

homer911 wrote: »
    At 3.5% - €549, 4% - €578, 4.5% - €609, 5.0% - €640

Thanks for that Homer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lpjonesy

Thats funny I took out a 110 k mortgage in 2002 but its now 80k after 9 years , my tracker repayment is approx 390 a month costing 113 in interest the rest goes to pay down the mortgage. We are back to 2001 levels of pricing but there may be some more falls , possibily an over correction in my opinion .
    In my estate there are 8 houses for sale out of 600 houses , nationally 3.5% of housing stock is for sale , 60,000 out of 1.65 million , crisis ????? its all hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jack_Elle

If you go onto any bank website they will have their own breakdown for mortgage repayments based on whatever amount you choose - I was only on KBC.ie http://www.kbc.ie/index.jsp?p=117&n=167
    Gives an easy to read rundown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

lpjonesy wrote: »
    Thats funny I took out a 110 k mortgage in 2002 but its now 80k after 9 years , my tracker repayment is approx 390 a month costing 113 in interest the rest goes to pay down the mortgage. We are back to 2001 levels of pricing but there may be some more falls , possibily an over correction in my opinion .
    In my estate there are 8 houses for sale out of 600 houses , nationally 3.5% of housing stock is for sale , 60,000 out of 1.65 million , crisis ????? its all hype

Its not only what is for sales. There are also ghost estates sitting everywhere unable to be put for sale and no money to finish them.

Your estate is a small sample of a national issue. Your estate obviously doesnt accurately represent the population, you are not a ghost estate.

Then there is the negative equity which is bearable if you can afford your repayments and intend to live in the house for life but if you get repossessed you then get chased for the remaining equity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could offer me an approx repayment amount per month for a mortgage of 110,000 euro over 25 years in the current market? I don't need anything too accurate. A ball park figure would be grand.

Any opinions on the pros and cons of getting a fixed rate? I think it is more expensive but would remove the risk for a few years I suppose. I know little about these matters so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy!

You can also play around with the figures (interest rate, term, mortgage value) here:

http://www.drcalculator.com/mortgage/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭billyhead

I must be ripped off so. I took out a fixed rate mortage in 2006 on a 117,000 euro at 4.53% for the 1st five years. I have now reverted to a variable mortgae after the 5 year term finished and an paying 650 euro oer month on this. The full term of the mortgage was 20 years thus 15 years now left. Does that seem excessive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

Your mortgage term is 5 yrs shorter so it would be dearer, what is your rate?

Advertisement