Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is My money Safe in Saving Account ?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

My belief is that the euro will collaspe not now but prob 2012.

I have my money in a yearly saving account.

Is my money safe ?

If the euro goes and it go back to the Punt how much will I lose ?

Bloody Loads ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

....runs to fetch crystal ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I cant see it happening tbh. People have been on here saying that for the last couple of years now.

If you believe it will happen next year why not look at your options.

You could move your money now to a GBP/USD/CHF etc bank account. You'd be looking at probably paying to have the money transferred and going through an exchange rate. Then the value could fall and you'd loose money or rise but you'd still have to pay the spread.

To another EU bank you would probably be looking at opening account fees, a/c maintenance and other fees. That bank could then fall into difficulty.

Bury it as someone on here was contemplating doing.:D

Or stock market at your risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

My belief is that the euro will collaspe not now but prob 2012.

I have my money in a yearly saving account.

Is my money safe ? If you believe the € will collapse then no.

If the euro goes and it go back to the Punt how much will I lose ? My guess is a lot of it but that's only when you go on holiday in another country. So no holidays for you if your belief comes through.

Bloody Loads ?

I do not see the € going bust, the systemic effect is very scary, even the Greeks know it ain't a good idea to leave the €. We're all stuck in it for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

If your money is in a sterling account and the British devalue the pound you could be onto a loser. Their economy is a bit sick too and they control their own currency so they have the option of that as far as I know.

Advertisement