Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for therapy workshop/research

Options
  • 04-11-2011 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

As usual, sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I really had no idea of where it should go. Basically I'm a psychology master's student that's going to be running and taking data on a weekend-long workshop in the near future for my dissertation. As this isn't a money making venture, I don't really have funds to rent a venue unless it's super cheap. I was just wondering if anyone had ever done something like this before and knew of anywhere willing to let a venue super cheap or for free for a weekend? Thanks in advance and sorry if this gets moved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Need more details... do you mean like a hotel, where people can sleep and eat? How many people? etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ihateirony

Need more details... do you mean like a hotel, where people can sleep and eat? How many people? etc.

We don't know how many people yet; it depends on the interest level, but I guess somewhere between 5 and 10. But no, not somewhere to sleep and eat, just somewhere with a room for the workshop that you'd possibly be able to get teas and coffees at.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Velvety

Surely your college could provide you with a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kitkat.3b4t

Local parish centres or community centres might be worth looking into if your college can't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ihateirony

Sorry, they would supply a room, but I want the participants to feel like they're attending a workshop, rather than an experiment, so I figure an alternative location will help with both validity and attendance. I'll defo check out parishes and community centres. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

ihateirony wrote: »
    Sorry, they would supply a room, but I want the participants to feel like they're attending a workshop, rather than an experiment, so I figure an alternative location will help with both validity and attendance. I'll defo check out parishes and community centres. :)

You could try a place like the North Star Hotel. I think their rooms are cheap. You get seats and everything - they may have other equipment like a PA (microphones).

Advertisement