Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I split tax credits between 2 employers?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I had all my tax credit with the bar I work in until 2 months ago when I finally got the Mon-Fri job I was after upon which I transferred all my credits to the new employer (upon advice from their accountant, probably making his life a whole lot easier!), I still work on average about 10hrs or €90 of barwork a week and this is all going to the tax man as until the credits are resolved this will stay the case. How do i go about splitting my tax credits so I pay the minimum to the hungry taxman?? I'm keeping the bar work since it covers rent and weekly petrol expenses!!

The totals would work out as below:
    Mon-Fri job = 25k gross a year
    Bar job = 4.3k gross a year

Any advice on the subject would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Put all tax credits on your Mon-Fri work and tax full on the bar one; it is going to be the easiest way of doing it for all involved going forward.

For this year request to have a review done at the end of the year and you should be sorted out for any missing tax credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As above, when you get your P60 from both jobs in Jan, go to the tax office or call them and ask for a P21 balancing statement.

Easiest way to do this is to sign up for online access and then just enter the details form the 2 P60's and wait for the cheque!

For the following year you can call into the tax office with the 2 payslips and spilt it. The payslips should have the employers tax number on them.

Advertisement