Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google chrome, install missing plug in

Options
  • 04-11-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

When i go to certain sites a pop up bar on top keeps saying that i am missing a plug in but when i click to install it nothing happens. Any ideas how to stop it popping up or to install the plug in?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

I always have to exit and restart chrome for the plugin to install. It will just keep asking me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭martin g

Even if i restart it there is no change and when i click on install missing plug in nothing happens. Im sure i had the plug in installed so its getting annoying at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What plugin is it? Try updating the usual suspects, Flash, Java, Shockwave, Silverlight etc and see if it fixes it, Chrome does have shoddy plugin support though I've found from expierience

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Chrome has been doing this to me too, it seems to be ether a windows media player or realplayer plug in. I've installed it a few times but it's not sticking.

Over all Chrome is beginning to annoy me, there are times that sites like boards in particular won't load from the speed dial page, when I click the refresh on the error page it loads perfectly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ScumLord wrote: »
    Chrome has been doing this to me too, it seems to be ether a windows media player or realplayer plug in. I've installed it a few times but it's not sticking.

Over all Chrome is beginning to annoy me, there are times that sites like boards in particular won't load from the speed dial page, when I click the refresh on the error page it loads perfectly.

The Chrome speed dial is not a touch on Firefox Speed dial one of (the many) reasons I returned to Firefox. Try installing Real alternative Lite plugin, make sure Chrome is fully closed and see if it helps, also quicktime alternative lite, you'll find them from google search, Not sure how WMP stuff works/doesn't work in Chrome, but its rarely used nowadays...

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement