Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a better album!!!

Options
  • 04-11-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

Just bought ACDC's 'Let there be rock'..again. Lost first copy a few years back so managed to pick a copy over the weekend...a lot harder than one would think without going on the internet.

My God....what a fupping album...no fancy production...no fancy **** fulll stop...just real dirty nasty riffs...Angus Young thrashing away...and Bon Scott at his best...what an album....:cool:

There is no better rock album IMO.

Not sure what this thread is about just a goddam shout out for the sake of it...

Anyone like to share thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Yes, there is a better album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yeah I know what you're talking about, a month ago I posted a thread about Doom being the best fupping game ever and made no apologies for it. You know its the best album ever, to hell with everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

yeah I know what you're talking about, a month ago I posted a thread about Doom being the best fupping game ever and made no apologies for it. You know its the best album ever, to hell with everyone else!

Can I get a 'HELL YEAH' over here.....:)

ps...I have had a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Yes, there is a better album.

Come on man...you can't leave us dangling....share the knowledge...

Keep it in the genre...Lady Gaga or REM dont count.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Never really an AC/DC fan, give me a Brave New World any day of the week, though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I should put in a word for the live album AC/DC did the very next year: If You Want Blood ... You've Got It. Everything they did in the studio with Let There Be Rock, they did live too, and got it on tape. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

a month ago I posted a thread about Doom being the best fupping game ever and made no apologies for it.
    Yeah but you were just trying to wind up the gaming heads :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Blow up your video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My God....what a fupping album...no fancy production...no fancy **** fulll stop...just real dirty nasty riffs...Angus Young thrashing away...and Bon Scott at his best...what an album....:cool:
    When I read that I immediately thought about Raw Power from Iggy & The Stooges with James Williamson for Angus Young and Iggy Pop for Bon Scott.
    I know it's quite a different music but well I think your description matches perfectly.

As for Let There Be Rock, not the best album ever for me but a great one indeed. And yes, the live restitution of it a year later in If You Want Blood ... You've Got It immortalised it perfecty.

About AC/DC in general, I love this video that just shows why they rock so much. At 3:10, Angus breaks a string, and while the tech is fixing the problem, you can barely see him in the shadow still shaking his left leg in rhythmnand playing without his guitar. That sums it all for me :cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

...and Bon Scott at his best...

no, that'll be Powerage

and for the current economic climate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There are much better AC/DC albums than LTBR. Highway to Hell is still my favourite followed by High Voltage and Flick of the Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Powerage gets glossed over by a lot of people, like what has been said above i think this is Bon scott at his sultry best, i love the raw energy of it, definitely my favourite AC/DC album.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Don't think there's any album in particular from AC/DC that I'm crazy aboot. I like a few of their songs.

Plenty of other better albums in my opinion. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Powerage, by a country mile for me..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Powearge is the best AC/DC album. FACT.

Thread can be locked now ....

Advertisement