Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back in the saddle after PE

Options
  • 03-11-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi, late 30's, had a PE a couple of months ago ('significant' clot in the lung - resulting from clot in the calf - caused by genetic factors).

Am on Warfarin - blood thinner - which means that any crash could be quite dangerous for copious bleeding - however I'd go nuts if I couldn't be out on the bike - it keeps me sane.

I'd like to ask anyone who has had a similar injury/health issue how long it took them to get back in action. During Summer was easily donig up to 100km myself (more in groups with friends).

Have been back commuting for a few weeks, 10k each way a day - still notice limits to my breathing and get tired easily - but getting stronger every day and pain doesn't come as much as it did.

Getting back to weekends riding soon to build up fitness over the Winter hopefully for go at WW 200 etc next Summer.

Have had people tell me it took up to a year to recover from similar injury - though part of that is in the mind in my view - how did others get on ?

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Consey wrote: »

Am on Warfarin - blood thinner - which means that any crash could be quite dangerous for copious bleeding
    Sorry, but a statement like this indicates to me this is something you should be asking a medical professional, and not seeking advice on the internet. As medical advice is not allowed on Boards I am required to close the thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement