Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The actual DECENT beers in Tesco deal - Leffe

Options
  • 03-11-2011 10:04pm

4 bottles for €4.89 - bargain - picked up 12 just there in Stillorgan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

big bottle cobra €2.50 and Franziskaner Hefe Weissbier 500Ml €1.74

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

20 440m cans of Stella Artois for 10 euro,
    I bought 6 cases and would have bought more only the wife said she needed food for the week...pffftttt...:D;)

muincav wrote: »
    20 440m cans of Stella Artois for 10 euro,
    I bought 6 cases and would have bought more only the wife said she needed food for the week...pffftttt...:D;)

ah now... you belong in the other tesco beer thread - this one is for DECENT beer - not stella :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

glasso wrote: »
    ah now... you belong in the other tesco beer thread - this one is for DECENT beer - not stella :rolleyes:

stella is a decent beer. just because something is cheap does not make it poor quality. nor does over paying for beer make it better than any other

2smiggy wrote: »
    stella is a decent beer. just because something is cheap does not make it poor quality. nor does over paying for beer make it better than any other

just personal opinion and nothing to do with it being cheap but I think that it tastes nasty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Decent beer? Decent pisch more like! Bud FTW;) *

*wait for it.......they'll be here any minute

dodzy wrote: »
    Decent beer? Decent pisch more like! Bud FTW;) *

*wait for it.......they'll be here any minute

no comment....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Stella is mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Stella is not a beer for LIGHTWEIGHTS...lol....but for MEN who know good beer and can appreciate it...I can remember not long ago when Stella was 2euro for 500ml can...but if you want to drink that American pish weiser, go right ahead...lol....:rolleyes:

no comment....

:rolleyes:

Sleep well folks. Night, night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Stella is a decent beer but it's not a bland beer. If you're used to drinking Bud (made by the same company for a very different demographic*), you're going to find the taste tough to stomach.

That said, that's because it's a traditional lager not because it's brewed poorly.

*it's actually kind of interesting. Weaker tasting beer is usually cheaper to make because it uses adjunct materials to cheaply bulk out the sugar for fermentation (for example rice). So, on a manufacturing point of view, strong tasting beer is usually a sign of quality and not skimping on the raw ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

muincav wrote: »
    Stella is not a beer for LIGHTWEIGHTS...lol....but for MEN who know good beer and can appreciate it...I can remember not long ago when Stella was 2euro for 500ml can...but if you want to drink that American pish weiser, go right ahead...lol....:rolleyes:

Stella is brewed under licence just like that American stuff. They're both industrially brewed shite. Just because it has a slick marketing campaign doesn't mean it's real beer.

L wrote: »
    Stella is a decent beer but it's not a bland beer. If you're used to drinking Bud (made by the same company for a very different demographic*), you're going to find the taste tough to stomach.

That said, that's because it's a traditional lager not because it's brewed poorly.

*it's actually kind of interesting. Weaker tasting beer is usually cheaper to make because it uses adjunct materials to cheaply bulk out the sugar for fermentation (for example rice). So, on a manufacturing point of view, strong tasting beer is usually a sign of quality and not skimping on the raw ingredients.

nobody here was saying that bud was better than stella (one person was deluded enough to somehow say that Bud was better than Leffe :eek:). Leffe is better than both though.... Leffe may be a mass-produced Belgian beer but you can't beat that nice cloying 6.3% kick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

My local Lidl sell them for 4.99 nearly all the time not exactly a great bargain IMO if the bottles are 330 mls

amiable wrote: »
    My local Lidl sell them for 4.99 nearly all the time not exactly a great bargain IMO if the bottles are 330 mls

don't think it's regularly at that price but if it is I'll be going to Lidl more often....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

don't think it's regularly at that price but if it is I'll be going to Lidl more often....
    For the past 3 months or so it's been in my Lidl.

When living in France i made the mistake of drinking pints of Leffe like i was drinking pints back home in a pub one night.
    Hangover from hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Why is it that if someone posts a beer bargain alert idiots (and you are idiots) will come in and tell people that the beer is mank or horrible.

Reality check there lads. Nobody gives a toss whether you approve of the beer or not. If you dont want to buy it then happy days. More for the people who do want to buy it.

Would ye go into a bargain thread for a television and comment that you dont watch TV. No because people would think you are a retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Hogzy wrote: »
    Would ye go into a bargain thread for a television and comment that you dont watch TV. No because people would think you are a retard.

If the thread was titled DECENT brand name telly and someone posted that you can get a Chinese no-name for half the price then they would be the retard. But not as big a retard as the guy who posts in defence of the retard.

And there is already a thread for cheap generic beer in Tescos for people who like the taste of urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

stimpson wrote: »
    If the thread was titled DECENT brand name telly and someone posted that you can get a Chinese no-name for half the price then they would be the retard. But not as big a retard as the guy who posts in defence of the retard.

And there is already a thread for cheap generic beer in Tescos for people who like the taste of urine.

Strong analogy. The beers on offer are all decent brand name beers. Different strokes for different folks. Take your elitist pallet elsewhere because nobody cares, we just want cheap drink.

Just refer to what Basq said in the other thread and kindly go away.

/on topic

nobody here was saying that bud was better than stella (one person was deluded enough to somehow say that Bud was better than Leffe :eek:). Leffe is better than both though.... Leffe may be a mass-produced Belgian beer but you can't beat that nice cloying 6.3% kick :)

Yeah, it was me who said that bud was better than leffe; dunno why its such a problem for you to understand:confused: ( my opinion, my palate ).

to add, it was said tongue in cheek. In the same post i also made reference to the budweiser police - "wait for it....they'll be here in a minute". Yoy did not dissapoint.

Its sad really, as i always laughed at the tools that are compelled to post on the cheap beer bargain alerts stating that this is crap or this is better that that and so forth......and now i have become one of them:(
    jive wrote: »
    Just refer to what Basq said in the other thread and kindly go away

Im sure when basq surfaces, he'll lock this thread up..and not a moment too soon IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus H Christ..

.. what is it with beer bargains that brings out the goddamn nutjob's!?

We all have our own personal preference - as goddamn riiiiiiiii-dic-ulous at this is, I don't like Guinness. Do I pop into every Guinness related thread and let people know that fact? No.. and why not? Because why should people care!

If you don't like the beer in a thread.. click that little 'Back' button on your web browser and leave it be. Hardly asking much.. now is it?

BeerSnob_Feature.jpg

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement