Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02/Meteor

Options
  • 03-11-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi just wondering if anyone of you have a site rented to 02 or meteor. They have announced network sharing arrangements. Has anybody been contacted by them re: possible rent reductions. Would be interested in hearing of anyones experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

this has been on going for a while... just say to them , are you leaving/moving before you start to negotiate, rents are dropping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

i d say they either want your site or not, if they cant cover it from another mast or you cover an important area eg main road they will still want it and would be prepared to pay

afair, the o2 negotiating people are the toughest , its like getting blood out of a stone, we are lucky that they need our land , stressful times as its such an important part of your income,on the british farming forum there was a topic on o2 negotiations a few months back

i renewing a lease with o2 lately and they sent out the new lease which i had a look at and didnt like so sent it off to solicitor.basically in the old lease they assumed all liabilty where as now they want me to provide cover.all so the best bit was the clause which entitled them to automatic renewal in 10 years on the same terms.so its not going to happen that way,just wondering whelan what your experience of the contract document,mine is totally different to the last one ten years ago.one tip always deal with them through e mail- gives you time to think and you have a record of all contacts

my dad does all the talking with them:D he actually said vodafone where the worst , last year they where really tough to negotiate with... will ask him more later

• Advertisement

ok asked my da, he said first thing is to say do you want the site? that way you know where you stand, but it slightly backfired when he was negotiating with the third company and the girl said " I have other options ":eek: Both sides can pull out at any time ,so he wouldnt worry about the 10 year renewal, the insurance would be the major downer, not a chance should you have to pay for them

yeah i done 10 years already and no real probs a part from a bull demolishing a meter box:D but they looked for 6.5 million insurance cover this time and the lease has alot more **** to it but dont worry i can take or leave it and now it would cost them a few bob to get it out of it and other mobiles have worse cover in the area so dont think they will walk away.by the way flipper whats your story have they spoke to you

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fliper

Thanks for your feedback. No negotiations as yet. Just received letter saying they were joining forces etc. Waiting for further contact. Have heard where they are closing some sites down where there is another resonably close, both operating off the one. I have o2 and meteor.

yeah that could affect you because those companies are now piggy backing on each other but look at your area and see how good the coverage is with other companies

Advertisement