Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acer motherboard issue?

Options
  • 03-11-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

have an acer aspire x 3300 here that i bought 2 years ago and lately its started to act up on me. it started a few days ago, during the night i heard a crack from somthing on my desk so i unplugged it ,that said i was half asleep so i could of been imagining it :pac:

not sure if it was turned on or not at the time but im 99% it was off, so whats happening now is if its unplugged overnight it wont boot the next morning, fans spin up faster than usual but nowhere near 100% no lights on the front panel atall, no hdd or power. eventually it boots, and is 100% until the next time its unplugged, starts up next morning no problem if its plugged in overnight, went through the whole reseat everything procedure and nothing buts its gradually gotten worse and now it wont boot at all, anyone got any suggestions?

ive pulled out the mobo and it looks like a possible cap or caps bulging from the bottom but the tops are flat, i could be wrong on it though,

does it sound like a mobo or psu issue? seems a lot like the old fashioned bad cap problem but i had assumed them days were over.

thanks

Advertisement