Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total power trip

Options
  • 03-11-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody any stories of somebody once given a slight bit of power that they went on a power trip?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In before bouncers/gardai/mods references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Adolf Hitler started off his military career as a humble corporal but ended up causing all sorts of grief and misery simply because he couldn't get his own way .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

There is an awful lot of people who think intelligence is an automatic with a bit of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

4leto wrote: »
    There is an awful lot of people who think intelligence is an automatic with a bit of power.

You should have worked in a super market before the recession, duty cleaners being made managers or being bossed around by an idiot who didnt even have a leaving cert but stacked shelves since they were 16!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Latchy wrote: »
    Adolf Hitler started off his military career as a humble corporal but ended up causing all sorts of grief and misery simply because he couldn't get his own way .

he wasn't a corporal. He was a lance-corporal.

//pushes glasses back up nose//

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

So one week you are his boss, and the next week he is your boss?

What a strange way to do it, which would nearly always end up with tit for tat disputes and extreme cases one-upmanship.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Oranage2 wrote: »
    You should have worked in a super market before the recession, duty cleaners being made managers or being bossed around by an idiot who didnt even have a leaving cert but stacked shelves since they were 16!

Arg...

I've worked in Dunnes before. the muppets they had as managers was unbelievable. I didn't even really get what they were meant to do, Just tell people which aisles they'll be working on and then walk around and see that people were staking shelves?

Can't be much managing in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Noopti wrote: »

What a strange way to do it, which would nearly always end up with tit for tat disputes and extreme cases one-upmanship.

Well that's how they've always done things in Leap Frog Inc. and if you don't like it Sonny well.... there's the door. Don't bump your ass a-hoppin' out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

He sounds like a sad pathetic person out to impress his bosses op. Two minutes late is hardly a big deal. It might be if it was every day.

tbh wrote: »
    he wasn't a corporal. He was a lance-corporal.

//pushes glasses back up nose//
    So he was a corporal with a lance... I bet he liked to show it of to the boys to.

/ (sniff) goes back to feeding crumbs to the ducks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Latchy wrote: »
    So he was a corporal with a lance... I bet he liked to show it of to the boys to.

/ (sniff) goes back to feeding crumbs to the ducks

they're not ducks, they're pigeons. And those aren't crumbs, it's cocaine.

not your day latchy, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Noopti wrote: »

I work a night shift so although called supervisors I dont see it that way - you do what everybody else does except for a bit of admin work or if there's a problem that you sort it - Basically for a few extra euro you're the managers lacky -

I'm not there to make sure people are are doing what they're suppose too and I dont want to get somebody sacked if they make a mistake.

But the other lad actually thinks he's a manager and wont let people go off for a smoke and at 4am there's very little happening.

It's a 24/7 customer service role.

Arg...

I've worked in Dunnes before. the muppets they had as managers was unbelievable. I didn't even really get what they were meant to do, Just tell people which aisles they'll be working on and then walk around and see that people were staking shelves?

Can't be much managing in that.
    I also worked in Dunnes to many moons ago to were the clothes shrunk and fell off you after one wash .

tbh wrote: »
    they're not ducks, they're pigeons. And those aren't crumbs, it's cocaine.

not your day latchy, sorry.
    Sounds like a sketch from a mr Bean movie tbh :confused: .....quack quack

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I work with a lad who's a supervisor - before the bells of jealousy ring out I'm also a supervisor, every second week he's supervisor then the week after I am.

Sounds like primary school.

Advertisement