Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Collapse: Where Should we Put Our Savings?

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭

Now I am a bit ignorant on all this stiff....but...

I haven't got a huge amount of savings but I really want to protect what I do have in the event of the likely Euro collapse.

So what are people doing - or what do people think we should do. Where should we move our money to? Nowhere will be safe - but what's the safest? And how do you actually convert your money to Sterling, Dollar or whatever the case may be?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I wouldn't call the Euro collapse "likely" but if I was a worried as you I'd invest it all in gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There are 1,001 threads already on this topic, search and ye shall find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

what are these 'savings' you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

leggit wrote: »
    I wouldn't call the Euro collapse "likely" but if I was a worried as you I'd invest it all in gold!

100% in gold, thats quite a bet sir :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

leggit wrote: »
    Gold has its own bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Covered, and covered and re-covered on a variety of previous threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement