Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - What is this interest Rate?

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

What is this interest rate?

"Single A Bank over-draft rate charged from time to time during such period by the Irish Clearing Banks to Borrowers."

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

AIB is 12.45% ...

Scroll down to 'Overdraft' at this website...

http://www.aib.ie/personal/loans/Personal-Lending-Interest-Rates

Bank of Ireland is 15.9% ...

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/current-accounts/overdrafts#rates-accordion

The term 'clearing banks' refers to the main banks who clear cheques: AIB, BOI, NIB, Ulster and Permanent TSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tgh

Thanks.
    I have a construction contract where the interest will be charged at 4% over whatever the Single A overdraft rate is. Therefore, there must be one rate that we can add to the 4% to determine what teh rate of interest due to the contractor is.

I have looked at the clearing banks rates and they are all different. there must be a single rate that is common to all clearing banks otherwise the rate of interest is incalculable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ask the people who drew up that contract. You've already figured out that there are different rates of interest so there is no single rate that can be used, you need to get it clarified by the other party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tgh

I called the CIF and the Law Society neither had a clue what I was talking about!
    The solicitor was able to get someone from his bank to confirm the rate.

Thanks for your replies. Problem solved.

Advertisement