Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice hockey teams

Options
  • 03-11-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just curious, are there any Ice hockey teams around that are good with taking on newbies. I am mid twenties and just really started looking into playing hockey as Dundalk closed shop but with the new rink opening soon ì assume it won't be long before things are back up and running.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMC83

I'd say give the IIHA a shout and they would direct you. Theres a few teams around, I'd be very surprised if some were not looking to up the numbers a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

IIHA is a good place to start, or you can let us know what area we're in and someone on here can probably hook you up with contact details for the local team.
    Can't wait to get back skating myself!
    www.iiha.org

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bren86

I'll check them out so.... I live in North county Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Icehockey

Bren86 wrote: »
    I'll check them out so.... I live in North county Dublin

How you doing Bren86
    We are starting a learn to play in castleknock on ice for all ages
    First class starts this sat the 21st of jan at 10am:D

If you are interested mail me at blanchicehockey@hotmail.com or check out our fb page stuart john hockey

Looking forward to hearing from you
    John and Stuart

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

What gear do you need to bring? How much does it cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

Icehockey wrote: »
    for the min its just going to be skating

we will then be moving to stick and puck control in a few weeks

it is 7 euro for the class 10 till 11:30

Have ye guys played hockey before. where well ye be getting all the hockey sticks etc from. I may wait for the santry one to open. I do be around there most sundays

Advertisement